Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Create Your Perfect Story Premise

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (last edited Jan 23, 2017 08:00PM) (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Hey guys! I’m starting up a service soon to help my fellow writers perfect their story premises. Before I start it up, I want to take on three of you with story ideas and help you work through your premises—for free!

When you send me your story idea, I work with you to make sure it's the best it can be. This will save you months of revisions and make you face the blank page with confidence when you finally start writing the story you were meant to write.

My favorite genre is Young Adult, but I’m open to anything except non-fiction and erotica.

If you’re interested, please email me at perfectpremise@gmail.com. I’ll take on the first three people who email me, and the first thing I’ll do is send you instructions on how to write your premise (only about one to three sentences). You’ll write it out, send it to me, and I’ll work with you to make it as great as it can be. Looking forward to it :)

Spots filled: 3/3

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments Hey Grace, I just have a quick question. How exactly does this work? Is it like a co-author thing?

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Jessica wrote: "Hey Grace, I just have a quick question. How exactly does this work? Is it like a co-author thing?"

Thanks for the question! Not exactly. You basically summarize your story idea in 1-3 sentences (similar to the kind of thing you'd include in a query to catch an agent's attention) and I help you make it as strong as possible. That way, you have a strong focus for your story before you even start putting it on the page.

message 4: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments So, it's kind of like developmental editing. There are two processes that people refer to as developmental editing, but one of them is hiring an editor to help plan your book before it's written.

I just sent you an e-mail. This is a great idea.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments Oh, I see! I'm still not sure how it works though? How will you get the entire story in just one sentence? Also, why would you polish that one sentence when you have a lot more to write? Especially because books/ideas for books change as you write them. Or is it going to be more like "your idea seems good/bad?" Sorry for all the questions, but I've never heard of this before!

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Cimone wrote: "So, it's kind of like developmental editing. There are two processes that people refer to as developmental editing, but one of them is hiring an editor to help plan your book before it's written.

..."

I saw your email. You've got the first spot!

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Jessica wrote: "Oh, I see! I'm still not sure how it works though? How will you get the entire story in just one sentence? Also, why would you polish that one sentence when you have a lot more to write? Especially..."

The best way to understand what this is is probably going to be to actually let me help you through the process! How about you take the second spot and try it out?

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments Okay, I'll bite! I'll send you an email. It's for a new idea, not a novel in progress, correct?

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Jessica wrote: "Okay, I'll bite! I'll send you an email. It's for a new idea, not a novel in progress, correct?"

It can be for either! It can even be for a finished novel, though any changes to the premise are huge revisions for a finished novel, which is tougher.

You've got the last spot. Looking forward to your email!