The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
This topic is about The Black Prism
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Black Prism

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
New Buddy Read starting May 1st.

Enjoy reading this book. It's one of my favourite series. I'm looking forward to following the discussion.

message 2: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7427 comments Mod
Can't wait! :)

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments makes 2 of us!

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 2 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Added to shelf.

message 5: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thanks Scott.

message 6: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

So... Laura and I realized we were double booked for this and Green Rider. Would anyone be opposed to moving the start date to may 15th? :)

message 7: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments yes please! I want more people join green rider!

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments Just saw this (I'm bad...) that'd be better for me. early may will be a bit hectic, I'm graduating college on the 20th so 15th will be easier.

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Oh good :) 15th it is...

message 10: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

And congrats!!!!

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments Thanks! both excited and nervous

message 12: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Apr 25, 2017 06:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just a reminder, there is a new buddy read starting for this book 15th May.

message 13: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I think I may have to bow out of this one. Too many open reads in May for me. :(

Gelisvb | 76 comments I may join.I would love to read this book

Rosalyn Kelly (rosalyn_kelly) | 3 comments Am currently reading this book! Would love to discuss when done with you all :-)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments So excited to start this!

message 17: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Compton | 163 comments I read this last year, and absolutely loved it. I will look in on the discussions.

Completely opposite experience from Gardens of the Moon!

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I started it earlier, didn't get very far before I had to go to work but I'm enjoying it so far, hoping to have more time tomorrow. my only comment so far is it's a bit confusing.

Gelisvb | 76 comments I am at chapter 5. So far I am not impressed but it's very early.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I'm on chapter 20 and am loving it so far.

In chapter 11(view spoiler)

Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments anyone else really started this? I can take a break today and read the other book I started to give people time to catch up.

Gelisvb | 76 comments John wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "anyone else really started this? I can take a break today and read the other book I started to give people time to catch up."
I read it several months ago, and really loved it! Re..."

I try to read this before bed, but I fall asleep after three pages. There is lot of info dumping.So far it's exahusting and I'm only at page 30. I'll see this weekend if it gets less so when I read during the day(I have the huge physical copy and I can't bring it with me, so I only read it at hoem)

message 23: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Compton | 163 comments I understand completely. And you may not like the book. I know a lot of people love the Malazan books, but I was totally lost during Gardens of the Moon. I will try again (someday), but not now. BTW, I am one of those "3 pages and fall asleep" people, also.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments on chapter 34, I like it, I agree there was a lot of info dumping at first, but the world definitely has me intrigued. I'm really wondering about what caused the war in the first place

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments Just started chapter 39 (view spoiler)

Rosalyn Kelly (rosalyn_kelly) | 3 comments I've finished - loved it! Loved the worldbuilding and magic system, will definitely be reading book #2 in the series.

Gelisvb | 76 comments 63 Pages in.I'm slowly starting to get into it.

Krista Hansen Welch | 6 comments On chapter 65. I agree it was hard to get into at first. The magic system and world is pretty complicated. But, as I got farther in, the twists and turns in the plot really hooked me. There's so much I want to know about the pasts of these characters. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments on chapter 79, will definitely finish tomorrow, yesterday was hectic then I worked all day today. really enjoying this.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments Finished it. so for the end. (view spoiler)