Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Cozies Set On Cruse Ships

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scottie (new)

Scottie | 2 comments I'm going to be going on my first cruse and I'm rather anxious about it. I thought reading some books set on cruse ships/boats would help me mentally prepare. I'm not a big fan of Cat/Pet or food themed Cozies, so please suggest something else. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Lori Avocato wrote the Pauline Sokol series. Pauline is a nurse and Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol, #4) by Lori Avocato Deep Sea Dead takes place on a cruise.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 152 comments Karen Robbins and Sylvia Massara come to mind.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (2noelle) | 57 comments Conrad Allen has a series of murder mysteries that take place on ocean liners, such as Murder of the Lusitania and Murder on the Marmora..there are several others and they are quite good.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 524 comments Karen wrote: "Conrad Allen has a series of murder mysteries that take place on ocean liners, such as Murder of the Lusitania and Murder on the Marmora..there are several others and they are quite good."

I was just going to suggest those. They are really quite good. They are historical mysteries, on classic ocean liners. I re-read the series last year. They stand up just as well.

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 152 comments Didn't the Lusitania sink? Maybe not what you want to read, lol.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 524 comments Nancy wrote: "Didn't the Lusitania sink? Maybe not what you want to read, lol."

Yes, but as I mentioned, they are historical mysteries and the one set on the Lusitania is set before the sinking in WWI.

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39120 comments I just started reading a new series about an assistant cruise director -
Starboard Secrets (Cruise Ship Christian Cozy Mysteries #1)
by Hope Callaghan. It's good so far.

I've been on 6 cruises and I've loved every one. I watched Titanic the night before I flew down to Fort Lauderdale to board the ship. My son and his girlfriend couldn't believe I was watching that movie.

message 9: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1163 comments This cozy mystery website names quite a few cozies that are set on cruise ships:

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/myst...

message 10: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 71 comments Melodie wrote: "Lori Avocato wrote the Pauline Sokol series. Pauline is a nurse and Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol, #4) by Lori AvocatoDeep Sea Dead takes place on a cruise."

really enjoy that series!

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 71 comments Paula wrote: "I just started reading a new series about an assistant cruise director -

I've been on 6 cruises an..."

I was very disappointed by that book because I felt the characters were not developed and the mode of murder unbelievable but might try the second at some point in time

message 12: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39120 comments Terri wrote: "Paula wrote: "I just started reading a new series about an assistant cruise director -

I've been o..."

I won the book a while ago. I knew a guy at work that was unpacking a box got bit by a brown spider and he was so sick. He missed about 2 weeks of work. We were moving from one building to a new building.

message 13: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 581 comments I just finished a book on a cruise MASKED TO DEAth by Christina Freeburn. It was released today. Part of a series. The ending is unique.

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 71 comments Paula wrote: "Terri wrote: "Paula wrote: "I just started reading a new series about an assistant cruise director -
by Hope Callaghan. It's good so far..."

You can get sick. It gets worse over time but to just drop dead suddenly without getting sick at all - it is not how their venom works,

message 15: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited Jan 26, 2017 11:07AM) (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 18158 comments Mod
Two books set on cruises that I have read are Mr. Monk Gets on Board by Hy Conrad, and Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark.

message 16: by Scottie (new)

Scottie | 2 comments Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I have a little under a month and a half left before my cruise, so I'm going to go try to find these books at the library or Barnes and Noble. I do have a soft spot for historical fiction, so I think I will definitely have to try some of those mysteries set on historic ocean-liners first. Thanks for all your help and if you think of anything else, please let me know!

message 17: by Karen M (last edited Feb 05, 2017 12:18PM) (new)

Karen M | 1166 comments I loved Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile. Not a modern day cruise ship but definitely a cruise down the Nile in a felucca.

message 18: by Memo (new)

Memo Carola Dunn has a good cruise ship cozy out, To Davy Jones Below. I really enjoyed it.