What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Death Whispers (Death, #1)
This topic is about Death Whispers
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Teen; Kids come into their "powers", boy controls the dead, gf is empath. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 4 comments I read this a couple years ago and am trying to remember the title for my daughter to read. What I can remember is that there are teens that may or may not have a power or "enhancement". Those that have it begin to show it in their early teens and are separated to learn about their specific powers. They end up helping the police solve a murder. The main characters father is the one that invented this gene enhancer, which is given at birth maybe?? The boy has the power to control the dead. I also remember scenes in a junkyard, hiding from other teens. I know, it's not much, but any suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciaated.
Thank you!

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 4 comments Some more that I have remembered - the boy has 2 best friends that are known by a nickname - something like "the j's or the Johns, and a girlfriend that is an empath. The girlfriend has an abusive father and in one seen the boy raises dead rodents to attack the father. In another scene, they are in a cemetery and being harassed by the school bullies and the boy raises a corpse that defends them.

message 3: by Bunnycore (last edited Jan 24, 2017 06:19PM) (new)

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 4 comments Yes! Thank you so much! I'm not sure how to remove this if anyone can help with that.
Thank you.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Pluym | 102 comments Go back to edit the thread title do you can move it into the correct solved folder.