The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
Wheel of Time > WH: Part 4 (Chapter 9-11)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 4

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 4 (Chapters 9-11).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Someone nearly kills Elayne, but she is saved thanks to Dyelin and a guard who "happened" to be nearby saves them.

I was suspicious of the guy immediately, but couldn't remember if that was because of my first read-through or what. It was awfully convenient for him to be there.

Turns out that it doesn't matter because in the very next chapter we find out it was staged to put himself in a position of power near Elayne by the Black Ajah in the city.

Still no sign of Mat.

Bill | 1596 comments Considering how long everything in this series takes to come out I was surprised that we found out about Elayne's rescuer so fast.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Yeah. That's true. I was expecting to have to sit on that secret for awhile, but was glad it was revealed so quickly. I suspected him immediately. It seemed too convenient.

However I wasn't sure if that was simply my own suspicions or if I remembered the truth from my first read through.

Sumant | 522 comments Aviendha points out to Elayne that the assassination attempt was too complex.