The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > February Clean It Out

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (last edited Mar 12, 2017 10:11AM) (new)

Lily (lilygcs) | 122 comments 5/5 ~ finished Feb 27th

Read one book from the first 20 books.
The Cat's Meow by Sean Michael ~ 2/1/17 ~ 3★

Read one book from a series you have started and not finished.
With This Ring by J.M. Snyder ~ 2/27/17 ~ 3.5★

Read one book that you bought but have not yet read.
The Wrong Man by Lane Hayes ~ 2/8/17 ~ 4★

Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge.
Lover & Commander by Jez Morrow ~ 2/2/17 ~ 3★

Read one free book from your e-reader.
Aniki's Garden by Claire Cray ~ 2/1/17 ~ 2★

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2017 07:01AM) (new)

Duration: February 1-February 28

Progress: 5/5

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books.
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen (7/2/17) - Added March 2014

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished.
The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle (15/2/17) - Sherlock Holmes #9

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read.
The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17) - Bought Oct 2016

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still)
A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17) - Needed Z for A-Z Titles

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year)
Beauty and the Beast - K.M. Shea (4/2/17) - Kindle freebie

message 3: by Joann (last edited Feb 27, 2017 09:24AM) (new)

Joann | 1254 comments Duration: February 1-February 28

Progress: 5 / 5
Books read: 9

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books.
Blackberry Winter
Trouble in Spades
India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy
3. Read one book that you own but have not yet read.
Between Shades of Gray
4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge.
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race - movie coming out Jan-Mar of this year
Elusive - series starting with O
5. Read one free book from your e-reader.
All-Butter Short Dead
Color Me Dead
A Field of Red

message 4: by Connie N. (last edited Mar 02, 2017 03:14PM) (new)

Connie N. | 3290 comments February Clean It Out
Timeframe: 2/1/17 to 2/28/17
4/5

2. Series you have started and not finished - Make Me Stay by Jaci Burton - 2/2/17 ♥♥♥♥ (#5 Hope)

3. Bought but have not yet read - Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich - 2/9/17 ♥♥♥♥♥

4. Difficult challenge - Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey - 2/11/17 ♥♥♥♥

5. Free book from your e-reader - Exposure by Annie Jocoby - 2/15/17 ♥♥♥

Make Me Stay (Hope, #5) by Jaci Burton Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19) by Janet Evanovich Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) by Shannon Stacey Exposure (Exposure, #1) by Annie Jocoby

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 18, 2017 09:14AM) (new)

I'm in again

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books. The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack (TBR #1) (2/18/17)

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. Cadbury Creme Murder by Susan Gillard (Donut Hole Mystery #3) (2/10/17)

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. - The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch (2/15/17)

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still) - Quiet the Dead by Morgan James (2/9/17)

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year). - Death among the Roses by Anna Drake (kindle freebie) (2/4/17)

The Ghost and the Graveyard (Knight Games, #1) by Genevieve Jack Cadbury Creme Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #3) by Susan Gillard The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant, #6) by Ben Aaronovitch Quiet the Dead (Promise McNeal Mysteries #1) by Morgan James Death among the Roses (Melanie Hart Mystery #1) by Anna Drake

message 6: by Agnieszka (last edited Feb 28, 2017 12:10PM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 551 comments I'm in again :-)

Rules:
Any genre, no page limitation, no re-reads

Completed: 6/9 (tasks) / 14 books :-)

1. Read something from the first page of my TBR list on goodreads. (the oldest available book from each TBR)
Christian: The Covenant Child / Double Blind / A Soft Place to Fall / Sidetracked / Web of Deceit
Borrowed: Zdrada Bourne'a (+ Polish book & Z-title)
Classics: Lady Susan by Jane Austen 4* - it's not the book I originally planned, but it's still the same list and it's been more than two years on my TBR - I hope to read Moby Dick sometime soon ;-)
Standard-TBR: Die Hütte - Ein Wochenende mit Gott=The Shack (+ Y-author)

2. Read one book from a series I have started and not finished (only the first book I read this month from a series and not the very first in the series): Im Namen des Todes by J.D. Robb 4* / Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose 4* / Das Gesicht des Drachen (Lincoln Rhyme, #4) by Jeffery Deaver 4* / Three Odd Balls by Cindy Blackburn 4*

3. Read one book that I have already bought. Big Rock by Lauren Blakely 4* / Lethal Action (Danger in the Deep South #1) by Rachel Dylan 3*

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. Ritual In Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb book 2 of Time of Death (In Death, #24.5, #27.5 & #29.5) by J.D. Robb 3* - character starting with I (Isis)

5. Read a freebie novella from my kindle: On Trial (Amber Reed Mystery #1.5) by Zanna Mackenzie 4* / A Hero's Promise (The Culper Ring, #2.5) by Roseanna M. White 4* / Playing for Keeps' Honeymoon from Hell Part I by R.L. Mathewson 3* / What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex 5*

6. Read a non-fiction book: Z notatnika stanu rzeczy by Andrzej Szczypiorski 5* (fits #4: difficult challenge as well) / Morgen ist leider auch noch ein Tag by Tobi Katze 5*

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments In! I finished this one four times this month (I still need to post time #4) so I'd be silly not to join for February!

message 8: by Sam (last edited Feb 27, 2017 03:08PM) (new)

Sam | 401 comments I was looking for this challenge but wasn't expecting it to be on the second page. Sneaky Sharon.

CLEAN IT OUT CHALLENGE
Duration: February 1-February 27

Defying Eternity- Viola Grace- 2/27/17 (#2)

House of Whispers- J.L. Bryan- 2/4/17

Let Me Call You Sweetheart- Mary Higgins Clark- 2/6/17

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still)
Zombie, Ohio- Scott Kenemore- 2/17/17

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (kindle unlimited)
Magic Beginnings- Kayla Bashe- 2/24/17

message 9: by Aminko (last edited Feb 09, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

Aminko | 117 comments Clean It Out Challenge
Duration: February 1st 2017 - February 28th 2017
Progress: 1/5

Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole

Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6) by Rebecca Zanetti 5/2/2017

Winter Prey (Lucas Davenport, #5) by John Sandford

Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires, #6) by Tina Folsom

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year).
Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4) by Suzanne Wright

message 10: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 14, 2017 06:59AM) (new)

Elizabeth Duration: February 1-February 28 " completed"

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books:The Sinner2/11/17

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. Hope to Die2/14/17

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read.The Appointed: David Wolf Mystery Thrillers 1 and 2 Bundle2/2/17

book written or set in Scandinavia : The Forgotten Girlsby Sara Blaedel2/3/17

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. .little girls lost by jonah paine2/4/17

message 11: by Carrie (last edited Feb 19, 2017 06:36AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Rules: Any genre is fine. No re-reads. No page minimum.

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished.: Undead and Unemployed Feb 8th

Kitty and the Midnight Hour Feb 18th

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year).Neanderthal Seeks Human Feb 6th

Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) by Carrie Vaughn

message 12: by Mirliz (last edited Mar 13, 2017 03:34PM) (new)

Mirliz | 27 comments February Clean It Out Challenge
Duration: 2.1.2017 - 2.28.2017 | Progress: 5/5 | Finished: March 9

The Notebook (The Notebook #1); by Nicholas Sparks [2/10] ♥♥♥♥

Four (Divergent #0.1-#0.4); by Veronica Roth [2/15] ♥♥♥♥

The Matchmaker; by Marita Conlon-McKenna [3/9] ♥♥

The Wedding (The Notebook #2); by Nicholas Sparks [2/19] ♥♥♥

5. Read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year.
Gone Girl; by Gillian Flynn [2/23] ♥♥♥♥♥

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth Bröllopsfixaren by Marita Conlon-McKenna The Wedding (The Notebook, #2) by Nicholas Sparks Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 125 comments Duration: February 1-February 28

As You Desire

Too Hot to Handle

Northanger Abbey

Dancer of the Nile

Antiques Roadkill

message 14: by Holli (last edited Feb 06, 2017 02:21AM) (new)

Holli | 87 comments February Clean It Out Challenge

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. Phase One: Iron Man - 2/6/17

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year).

message 15: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Feb 10, 2017 04:14AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments CLEAN IT OUT CHALLENGE
Completed: 5/5

The Villa by Nora Roberts 10.02.17 ***

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris 08/02/17 ****

Tackled by Sabrina Paige 05.02.17 ***

Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen 05.02.17 **** (autobiography-LOAB Annual Challenge)

Wicked Valentine by April Angel 04.02.17 ***

message 16: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 153 comments February Clean It Out

0/5

message 17: by Claire (last edited Feb 02, 2017 05:24AM) (new)

Claire  | 285 comments I'm ins

Progress: 0 / 5

message 18: by Elaine (last edited Feb 22, 2017 12:39PM) (new)

Elaine Clean It Out- February

I missed this challenge last month!

Challenge Accepted: February 1, 2017
Challenge (hopefully) Completed: February 28, 2017

*I still have one book on my Kindle from 2011 I haven't read...maybe this month!

Glory in Death 2-9-17

Perfection 2-12-17

*Something that starts with "K" for my No Vowels Challenge

My Little Runaway 2-6-17

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissaboedigheimer) Duration: February 1-February 28

message 20: by Karen ♐ (last edited Feb 26, 2017 11:39AM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 897 comments February Clean It Out

♐1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books. - The Proposition by Katie Ashley - 2/22

♐2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. - Falling for Love - 2/3

♐3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. - Real Good Man - 2/8

♐4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still) - Taking Heart by Wilette Youkey - 2/4

The Proposition (The Proposition, #1) by Katie Ashley Falling for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #4) by Marie Force Real Good Man (Real Duet, #1) by Meghan March Taking Heart by Wilette Youkey

message 21: by Katherine (last edited Feb 04, 2017 07:05PM) (new)

Katherine | 220 comments ※◈◈♡♡♡♡ February Clean It Out ♡♡♡♡◈◈※

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books. Black Butler, Vol. 9 5/2/17
2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. Lost Love 3/2/17
3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again 3/2/17
4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After! 4/2/17
5. Read one free book from your e-reader. Portals: Volume One 4/2/17

Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9) by Yana Toboso Lost Love (Lazy Love Book 4) by Kirsten Osbourne Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again by Frank Cottrell Boyce Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After! (Dork Diaries, #8) by Rachel Renée Russell Portals Volume One by Lyn Brittan

message 22: by Amanda (last edited Mar 01, 2017 02:12PM) (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 118 comments I would like to join.

A Tale of Two Cities wasn't an easy read and took up a lot of time.
Read 4/5

Dont You Want Me by India Knight Completed 11/2/17 Rating 3 stars

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs Completed 18/2/16 Rating 4 stars

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Completed 28/2/17 Rating 2 stars

The Blessing by Nancy Mitford Completed 25/2/17 Rating 3 stars
From Fiction to Reality /Missed Books

4/5

Dont You Want Me by India Knight Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens The Blessing  by Nancy Mitford

message 23: by Sam (new)

Sam | 401 comments :} Sharon {; wrote: "Goodness! Welcome to everyone!!!"

This is becoming quite the popular challenge, Sharon.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments Finished round 1:
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Revealed (The Blue Raven, #1) by Kate Noble Murder at the Breakers (Gilded Newport Mysteries #1) by Alyssa Maxwell

message 25: by Joann (new)

Joann | 1254 comments Jennifer wrote: "Finished round 1:
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Revealed (The Blue Raven, #1) by Kate Noble [bookcover:Murder at the Br..."

OMG - you're so fast! Good for you!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments Joann wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Finished round 1:
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Revealed (The Blue Raven, #1) by Kate Noble [bookcover..."

I'm fortunate in that at the moment I'm doing largely mindless stuff at work -- database stuff- so I can do audio books while I work. :-)

message 27: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Feb 10, 2017 04:16AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments CLEAN IT OUT CHALLENGE - Completed: 5/5 :)

The Villa by Nora Roberts Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Tackled by Sabrina Paige Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen Wicked Valentine by April Angel

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Finished my challenge

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

That's great Elizabeth! If you re-post it as a new message I can award your Hall of Fame badge :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm done!

Progress: 5/5

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen (7/2/17) - Added March 2014

The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle (15/2/17) - Sherlock Holmes #9

The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17) - Bought Oct 2016

A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17) - Needed Z for A-Z Titles

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year)
Beauty and the Beast - K.M. Shea (4/2/17) - Kindle freebie

message 31: by Poongothai (last edited Feb 18, 2017 02:51AM) (new)

Poongothai (poongsa) | 119 comments Duration: February 1-February 28

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books. The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1) by Sarah MacLean | Feb 5

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2) by Liz Carlyle | Feb 12

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year). One Wild Night (One and Only Texas, #3) by Melissa Cutler | Feb 3

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished my first round:

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books. The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack (TBR #1) (2/18/17)

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. Cadbury Creme Murder by Susan Gillard (Donut Hole Mystery #3) (2/10/17)

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. - The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch (2/15/17)

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still) - Quiet the Dead by Morgan James (2/9/17)

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year). - Death among the Roses by Anna Drake (kindle freebie) (2/4/17)

The Ghost and the Graveyard (Knight Games, #1) by Genevieve Jack Cadbury Creme Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #3) by Susan Gillard The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant, #6) by Ben Aaronovitch Quiet the Dead (Promise McNeal Mysteries #1) by Morgan James Death among the Roses (Melanie Hart Mystery #1) by Anna Drake

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2017 11:24AM) (new)

I'll try a second round, again. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it, but it helps me a lot with planning my upcoming books, so I'm going to give it a try :)

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books - Watered Down Death by Lucinda D. Davis (TBR #14) (2/28/17)

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. - The Case of the Guest Who Stayed Over by K.W. Callahan (actually, this book is a #1, but I have already read the second book in this series, so I hope it'll count) (2/21/17)

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. - Dead Water by Ngaio Marsh (2/23/17)

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still) - Zach Abrams wrote Written to Death (Z-author + I'm in need of a brown cover) (2/26/17)

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year). - Sunkissed by Leigha Lennox (kindle freebie) (2/19/17)

Watered Down Death (Coppin's Locks Mystery #1) by Lucinda D. Davis The Case of the Guest Who Stayed Over (The M.O.D. Files, Book #1) by K.W. Callahan Dead Water (Roderick Alleyn, #23) by Ngaio Marsh Written to Death by Zach Abrams Sunkissed by Leigha Lennox

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments Rounds two and three finished:
Last Ditch (Leo Waterman, #5) by G.M. Ford Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #5) by Victoria Laurie A Charming Spell (Magical Cures Mystery, #4) by Tonya Kappes A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3) by Victoria Laurie Charmed and Dangerous (Halloween LaVeau #3.5) by Rose Pressey

Ghoul Interrupted (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #6) by Victoria Laurie Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2) by Sally Goldenbaum The Wrong Side of Goodbye (Harry Bosch, #21; Harry Bosch Universe, #27) by Michael Connelly This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle The Gods of Guilt (Mickey Haller, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #24) by Michael Connelly

message 35: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 551 comments Wow Jennifer, way to go!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments makes up for the ones i'm behind on!!! :)

message 37: by Joann (new)

Joann | 1254 comments Finished!

Progress: 5 / 5
Books read: 9

Blackberry Winter
Trouble in Spades
India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy
Between Shades of Gray
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race - movie coming out Jan-Mar of this year
Elusive - series starting with O
All-Butter Short Dead
Color Me Dead
A Field of Red

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam | 401 comments Finished!!

CLEAN IT OUT CHALLENGE
Duration: February 1-February 27

Defying Eternity- Viola Grace- 2/27/17 (#2)

House of Whispers- J.L. Bryan- 2/4/17

Let Me Call You Sweetheart- Mary Higgins Clark- 2/6/17

Zombie, Ohio- Scott Kenemore- 2/17/17

Magic Beginnings- Kayla Bashe- 2/24/17

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Just in time, I finished my second round:

1. Set your 'my books' page to sort by date added (oldest to newest). Read one book from the first 20 books - Watered Down Death by Lucinda D. Davis (TBR #14) (2/28/17)

2. Read one book from a series you have started and not finished. - The Case of the Guest Who Stayed Over by K.W. Callahan (actually, this book is a #1, but I have already read the second book in this series, so I hope it'll count) (2/21/17)

3. Read one book that you bought but have not yet read. - Dead Water by Ngaio Marsh (2/23/17)

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. (Like an A-Z challenge that needs Q, U, & X still) - Zach Abrams wrote Written to Death (Z-author + I'm in need of a brown cover) (2/26/17)

5. Read one free book from your e-reader. (If you do not have an e-reader, read a book that has been on your TBR for more than a year). - Sunkissed by Leigha Lennox (kindle freebie) (2/19/17)

Watered Down Death (Coppin's Locks Mystery #1) by Lucinda D. Davis The Case of the Guest Who Stayed Over (The M.O.D. Files, Book #1) by K.W. Callahan Dead Water (Roderick Alleyn, #23) by Ngaio Marsh Written to Death by Zach Abrams Sunkissed by Leigha Lennox

message 40: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 551 comments Completed: 6/9 (tasks) / 14 books :-)

1. Read something from the first page of my TBR list on goodreads. (the oldest available book from each TBR)
Christian: The Covenant Child / Double Blind / A Soft Place to Fall / Sidetracked / Web of Deceit
Borrowed: Zdrada Bourne'a (+ Polish book & Z-title)
Classics: Lady Susan by Jane Austen 4* - it's not the book I originally planned, but it's still the same list and it's been more than two years on my TBR - I hope to read Moby Dick sometime soon ;-)
Standard-TBR: Die Hütte - Ein Wochenende mit Gott=The Shack (+ Y-author)

2. Read one book from a series I have started and not finished (only the first book I read this month from a series and not the very first in the series): Im Namen des Todes by J.D. Robb 4* / Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose 4* / Das Gesicht des Drachen (Lincoln Rhyme, #4) by Jeffery Deaver 4* / Three Odd Balls by Cindy Blackburn 4*

3. Read one book that I have already bought. Big Rock by Lauren Blakely 4* / Lethal Action (Danger in the Deep South #1) by Rachel Dylan 3*

4. Read one book that will help with a difficult challenge. Ritual In Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb book 2 of Time of Death (In Death, #24.5, #27.5 & #29.5) by J.D. Robb 3* - character starting with I (Isis)

5. Read a freebie novella from my kindle: On Trial (Amber Reed Mystery #1.5) by Zanna Mackenzie 4* / A Hero's Promise (The Culper Ring, #2.5) by Roseanna M. White 4* / Playing for Keeps' Honeymoon from Hell Part I by R.L. Mathewson 3* / What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex 5*

6. Read a non-fiction book: Z notatnika stanu rzeczy by Andrzej Szczypiorski 5* (fits #4: difficult challenge as well) / Morgen ist leider auch noch ein Tag by Tobi Katze 5*

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 675 comments Fourth round down as of last night:

4.50 from Paddington (Miss Marple, #8) by Agatha Christie Forever Valentine A Halloween LaVeau Short Story by Rose Pressey Princes at War The Bitter Battle Inside Britain's Royal Family in the Darkest Days of WWII by Deborah Cadbury Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery #1) by Vicki Delany Your Greatest Gift That Unlocks All Manifestations by Richard Dotts

message 42: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3290 comments Once again, I was only able to complete 4 out of 5 books for this challenge. It's that first task that always stymies me.

February Clean It Out
Timeframe: 2/1/17 to 2/28/17
4/5

2. Series you have started and not finished - Make Me Stay by Jaci Burton - 2/2/17 ♥♥♥♥ (#5 Hope)

3. Bought but have not yet read - Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich - 2/9/17 ♥♥♥♥♥

4. Difficult challenge - Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey - 2/11/17 ♥♥♥♥

5. Free book from your e-reader - Exposure by Annie Jocoby - 2/15/17 ♥♥♥

Make Me Stay (Hope, #5) by Jaci Burton Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19) by Janet Evanovich Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) by Shannon Stacey Exposure (Exposure, #1) by Annie Jocoby

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what you mean Connie, I have trouble with that category too! Better luck next month! - well, this month, but you know what I mean :)