The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > February Scattergories

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (last edited Feb 19, 2017 04:01PM) (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 120 comments February 1-February 28

Letter: T

Items found: 12/12

Items:
General
1. Book Title: To Have It All 19 Feb (1 pt)
2. Author: B.N. Toler To Have It All 19 Feb (1 pt)
3. Main Character: Lucas Thorn - Cheater 3 Feb (1 pt)
4. Secondary Character: Torrent - Chaos Unleashed 14 Feb (1 pt)
5. Place: Tennessee Web of Lies 11 Feb (1 pt)
6. Cover: tie (1 pt)
To Have It All by B.N. Toler

February Specials:
In the text of your book, find words that mean the same as the following words beginning with the chosen letter (2 points) OR find the given word (1 point)

7. Love - love Web of Lies 11 Feb (7 pts)
Loyalty, LOVE, whatever you wanted to call it, it was the only thing as important as survival—and the only thing truly worth dying for. pg 55

8. Chocolate - chocolate Web of Lies 11 Feb (6 pts)
The rain had turned my CHOCOLATE locks an even darker brown, and I used the cold moisture to slick them back into place. Pg 130

9. Flower - flower Chaos Unleashed 14 Feb (5 pts)
Through the dirty window, down in the gardens, I watched a mass of dark petals peel back, opening like a FLOWER, and inside the living chaos, stood my brother. Pg 92

10. Gift - Gift Chaos Unleashed 14 Feb (8 pts)
They wouldn’t have been enough to take Fairhaven—even modified as the Institute had made them—but their numbers did make a nice “GIFT” to help prove our allegiance. Pg 120

11. Romance/Romantic - Romantic Cheater 3 Feb (3 pts).
Then maybe you shouldn't have brought her to such a ROMANTIC spot. pg 125

12. Dinner - Dinner Cheater 3 Feb (7 pts).
I told him I wasn't ready to get into anything serious because I still had school, and then he goes and buys me roses and takes me out to DINNER and asks if we can take the next step. pg 291

Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Chaos Unleashed (Chaos Rises, #2) by Pippa DaCosta Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep To Have It All by B.N. Toler

message 2: by Joann (last edited Feb 19, 2017 12:43PM) (new)

Joann | 1255 comments Items Found: 12 / 12

1. Book Title: Trouble in Spades [1 pt]
2. Author: Teresa Trent Color Me Dead
3. Main Character: Tanya The Passenger
4. Secondary Character: Tyne The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea
5. Place: Dallas, Texas Elusive
6. Cover: Teapot & teacup - All-Butter Short Dead [2 pt]

7. Love Trouble in Spades p. 37 “It was True my beliefs in marriage were somewhat Tainted….but I supposed True LOVE did exist.” [4 pts]
8. Chocolate The Passenger p. 22 “...eating CHOCOLATE from a Tin can.” [2pt]
9. Flower Blackberry Winter p. 60 “She set The bag on my desk, Then noticed the vase of TULIPS.” [4 pt]
10. Gift Trouble in Spades p.2 “That, and transforming Maria’s backyard, counted as her wedding GIFT.” [3 pts]
11. Romance/Romantic Trouble in Spades p.161 “I Think it’s rather ROMANTIC.” [2 pts]
12. Dinner Color Me Dead loc 663 "...Turkey dinner .... "[2 pt]

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2017 04:38AM) (new)

February Scattergories: 1 - 28 February 2017

Items Found: 12/12

General

1. Book Title - The Torment of Others - Val McDermid (8/2/17)
2. Author - The Snow Rose - Lulu Taylor (4/2/17)
3. Main Character - Tony Hill - The Torment of Others - Val McDermid (8/2/17)
4. Secondary Character - Clayton Thompson - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
5. Place - Truman, Missouri - A View to Die For - Richard Houston (15/2/17)
6. Cover - Trailers - Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (10/2/17)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

February Specials

7. Love - A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17)
Then again, they'd also seen love make people do crazy things... (loc. 6092)
8. Chocolate - A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17)
...a tiny piece of dark chocolate sat inside the drawer... (loc. 5902)
9. Flower - Tulip - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce (16/2/17)
Tulips grew in pert rows... (pg 61)
10. Gift - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
Boxes, bags, gift wrap, tissue paper. (pg 12)
11. Romance - Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (10/2/17)
That's the first rule of online romances, pal (pg 171)
12. Dinner - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
...she would tell him to make dinner himself. (pg 80)

message 4: by Yvonne (last edited Feb 01, 2017 07:28AM) (new)

Yvonne February 1-February 28

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

February Specials:
Valentines Day is celebrated in many places around the world on February 14. This month, we will focus on "Valentines" words. In the text of your book, find words that mean the same as the following words beginning with the chosen letter (2 points) OR find the given word (1 point)

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 5: by Emeli (last edited Feb 18, 2017 04:33PM) (new)

Emeli Webb | 326 comments I will do this

February 1-February 28

Items:
6/12
General
1. Book Title: The Last Concubine
Finished 4/2
2. Author: Taylor Maid by tara lain finished 12/2
3. Main Character: Riding Her Rough mc torque finished 10/2
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place: Happy Family: A Polyamorous Yaoi Romance set in tokyo finished 4/2
6. Cover: Taylor Maid by Tara Lain tie on cover finished 12/2

February Specials:
Valentines Day is celebrated in many places around the world on February 14. This month, we will focus on "Valentines" words. In the text of your book, find words that mean the same as the following words beginning with the chosen letter (2 points) OR find the given word (1 point)

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Sharon, sorry to be a pain in the butt but I just want to check I've got this right. For the 'specials' you want words that mean the same as the given words rather than a type of that word - for example, you're looking for a word that means flower and not a type of flower like tulip and a word that means dinner and not a dinner item like turkey etc? Or have I got that completely wrong? Lol.

message 7: by Ana (last edited Feb 17, 2017 02:19PM) (new)

Ana (biblionative) | 259 comments Scattergories - February 2017
Start Date: February 1st, 2017
End Date: February 28th, 2017

Progress: x points

General
1. Book Title: The Taming by
2. Author: Iginio Ugo Tarchetti - Fosca
3. Main Character: Thystle Moran from The Taming
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover: Trees The Taming by A.M. Rycroft

February Specials:

7. Love: But I had never imagined stumbling across some kind of... love nest. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
8. Chocolate:
9. Flower:
10. Gift: Every one of your coven that you kill is like handing our enemies a gift. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
11. Romance/Romantic: There was a long pause, this time with no sounds of romance. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
12. Dinner:

message 8: by Niki (last edited Mar 02, 2017 06:02PM) (new)

Niki | 227 comments I want to do this one! :)

February 1-February 28

Items:
General

1. Book Title: Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
2. Author:
3. Main Character: Taylor Jackson Judas Kiss by J.T. Ellison
4. Secondary Character: Todd Wolff Judas Kiss by J.T. Ellison
5. Place:
6. Cover: toes - Right Behind You (Quincy & Rainie, #7) by Lisa Gardner by Lisa Gardner
7. Love - pg. 136. "We love you, Sharlah." Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner
8. Chocolate - pg. 55. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - "Clementine found a chocolate bar in the bottom of her handbag and surreptitiously divided among the four of them while poor Erika and Oliver were busy polishing their countertops."
9. Flower - pg. 181. "A pretty flower print..." Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner
10. Gift - pg. 7 "Taking up an anonymous benefactor's offer of a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Paris" Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner
11. Romance/Romantic - pg. 98. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - "I know you thought a romantic dinner could save our marriage."
12. Dinner - pg. 98. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - "I know you thought a romantic dinner could save our marriage."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

:} Sharon {; wrote: "I guess I worded that wrong. Just do it as normal - sorry!!!..."

Thanks Sharon :)

message 10: by JoAnne (last edited Feb 28, 2017 12:52PM) (new)

JoAnne | 38778 comments Mod
February Scattergories

11/12

1. Book Title: Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17

2. Author: Nancy S. Thompson Stirred 2/13/17

3. Main Character:

4. Secondary Character: Trey Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17

5. Place: Tennessee Sweet Water Christina Baker Kline 2/4/17

6. Cover: Timepiece Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17

7. Love Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 286 The infernal female kept him confused and in a constant state of arousal, his feelings an unsettling welter of protectiveness, tenderness, and a craving no one but she could sate.

8. Chocolate: Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17 p 16 I’d definitely be hitting that again, though I needed to leave room for pumpkin mousse, tiramisu, and chocolate truffles.

9. Flower Slip of the Knife Denise Mina 2/2/17 p 36 Sister Tansy was alone behind the counter, her mouth perpetually a tightly drawstring bag, eyes despising whatever hove into her line of vision.

10. Gift Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 288 She’s a good kid with a useful talent.

11. Romance/Romantic Accidentally on Purpose Jill Shalvis 2/2/17
p 207 “Not even close because you put yourself in front of me and took the bullet yourself.”
“Because I’m not the one of us maybe carrying our baby.”

12. Dinner Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17 p 53 “Okay then, there’s a great Thai place.

message 11: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 125 comments February Scattergories

0/12

1. Book Title: Too Hot to Handle
2. Author: Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
3. Main Character: Tessa in Hard Evidence
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place: Texas or Thalassinia
6. Cover: trees How to Run with a Naked Werewolf
7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 12: by Melike (last edited Feb 17, 2017 09:09AM) (new)

Melike | 56 comments February 1-February 28

Items found: 0/12
Items:
General
1. Book Title:To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Author: Kathryn Taylor Unbound
3. Main Character: Tamlin A Court of Thorns and Roses
4. Secondary Character: Trent Kalamack Dead Witch Walking
5. Place: tehran Reading Lolita in Tehran
6. Cover:tree To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

February Specials:
In the text of your book, find words that mean the same as the following words beginning with the chosen letter (2 points) OR find the given word (1 point)

7. Love: there was no love between us, and never had been--at least what i assumed people meant when they talked about love--yet part of me had sunk when he'd said he'd soon be married. Page 31 A Court of Thorns and Roses
8. Chocolate: i ate my entire plate in silence, too aware of the High Fae observing every bite, but as I reached for a second helping of chocolate torte, the food vanished. Page 64A Court of Thorns and Roses
9. Flower: Elain's old flower garden was a wild tangle of weeds and blooms, and the ward markings were still etched on the stone threshold. Page 259 A Court of Thorns and Roses
10. Gift: it was the only gift she has ever given me, and our house still bore the marks of it, even if the paint was now fading and chipped: little vines and flowers along the windows and thresholds and edges of things, tiny curls of flame on the stones bordering the hearth. page 11A Court of Thorns and Roses
11. Romance/Romantic: the revolutionary cant and romantic atmosphere were infectious and the Iranian students were at the forefront of the struggle. P 85 Reading Lolita in Tehran
12. Dinner: later, after another dinner of vension, when we were all gathered around the fire for the quiet hour before bed,I watched my sisters laughing and whispering together. Page 32 A Court of Thorns and Roses

message 13: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Feb 07, 2017 03:59AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments Letter T
Completed: 12/12

Items:
General
* 1. Book Title: Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 2. Author: Torre, Alessandra - Moonshot
* 3. Main Character: Theresa The Phantom of Valletta
* 4. Secondary Character:Tank Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 5. Place: Texas - Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 6. Cover: Tattoo - Tackled by Sabrina Paige

February Specials:

* 7. Love ~ I told everyone that I was drying love - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 75 (2 points)
* 8. Chocolate ~ two flavors . . . count ’em . . . two . . . vanilla and chocolate - Born to Run Loc Pg68 (2 points)
* 9. Flower ~ he wondered if she knew the meaning of the flower - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1809 (2 points)
* 10. Gift ~ he would give it to her as a gift - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1335 (1 point)
* 11. Romance/Romantic ~ I believe this new interest will turn into another one or even a romantic interest - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1428 (2 points)
* 12. Dinner ~ They sat down for dinner and Richard made small talk with Andrea - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 2435 (2 points)

The Phantom Of Valletta by Vicki Hopkins Tackled by Sabrina Paige Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

message 14: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 153 comments Letter: T

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

February Specials:

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex Shelby (jynxmecrazie) | 52 comments FEBRUARY SCATTERGORIES
February 1-February 28

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

February Specials:

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissaboedigheimer) February 1-February 28

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

February Specials:

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 17: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 161 comments Letter: T

Items found: 0/12
Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

February Specials:

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 18: by Koyla (last edited Feb 04, 2017 06:52PM) (new)

Koyla | 3 comments I'll try

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place: Texas Happy, Happy, Happy
6. Cover: Trees Happy, Happy, Happy

February Specials:

7. Love
8. Chocolate
9. Flower
10. Gift
11. Romance/Romantic
12. Dinner

message 19: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments Letter T
Completed: 12/12

Items:
General
* 1. Book Title: Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 2. Author: Torre, Alessandra - Moonshot
* 3. Main Character: Theresa The Phantom of Valletta
* 4. Secondary Character:Tank Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 5. Place: Texas - Tackled by Sabrina Paige
* 6. Cover: Tattoo - Tackled by Sabrina Paige

February Specials:

* 7. Love ~ I told everyone that I was drying love - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 75 (2 points)
* 8. Chocolate ~ two flavors . . . count ’em . . . two . . . vanilla and chocolate - Born to Run Loc Pg68 (2 points)
* 9. Flower ~ he wondered if she knew the meaning of the flower - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1809 (2 points)
* 10. Gift ~ he would give it to her as a gift - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1335 (1 point)
* 11. Romance/Romantic ~ I believe this new interest will turn into another one or even a romantic interest - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 1428 (2 points)
* 12. Dinner ~ They sat down for dinner and Richard made small talk with Andrea - The Phantom of Valletta Loc 2435 (2 points)

The Phantom Of Valletta by Vicki Hopkins Tackled by Sabrina Paige Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

COMPLETED - 7th Feb

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow Jade that was fast! Congrats :)

message 21: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments Got luck this month with my first book for this and Scavenger :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm done!

February Scattergories: 1 - 28 February 2017

Items Found: 12/12

General

1. Book Title - The Torment of Others - Val McDermid (8/2/17)
2. Author - The Snow Rose - Lulu Taylor (4/2/17)
3. Main Character - Tony Hill - The Torment of Others - Val McDermid (8/2/17)
4. Secondary Character - Clayton Thompson - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
5. Place - Truman, Missouri - A View to Die For - Richard Houston (15/2/17)
6. Cover - Trailers - Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (10/2/17)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

February Specials

7. Love - A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17)
Then again, they'd also seen love make people do crazy things... (loc. 6092)
8. Chocolate - A Zen for Murder - Leighann Dobbs (1/2/17)
...a tiny piece of dark chocolate sat inside the drawer... (loc. 5902)
9. Flower - Tulip - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce (16/2/17)
Tulips grew in pert rows... (pg 61)
10. Gift - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
Boxes, bags, gift wrap, tissue paper. (pg 12)
11. Romance - Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (10/2/17)
That's the first rule of online romances, pal (pg 171)
12. Dinner - The Surrogate - Tania Carver (3/2/17)
...she would tell him to make dinner himself. (pg 80)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Megan (bookslayerReads) wrote: "The General tasks, like book title/author, etc... each of those are worth 1 point, is that right?"

That's right, plus extra points for extra Ts. For example an author named Tony Taylor would be worth 2 points and a title (for example) - Terrible Tasting Toast would be worth 3.

Megan (bookslayerReads) wrote: "I'm also confused about the Secondary tasks... I thought (for 2 pts) we could find words that start with T that meant the same as the word given. For example, for "chocolate", we might use "treat" ..."

The second section is slightly more complicated - you have the option of finding a word that means the same as the given word (or sometimes an example of the given word) starting with the letter and that's worth 2 points OR you can choose to find the actual word given but there must be a T word in the same sentence, and that's worth 1 point.

Hope that makes sense :)

message 24: by Joann (last edited Feb 25, 2017 07:34AM) (new)

Joann | 1255 comments Finished!

Items Found: 12 / 12

1. Book Title: Trouble in Spades [1 pt]
2. Author: Teresa Trent Color Me Dead [2 pt]
3. Main Character: Tanya The Passenger [1 pt]
4. Secondary Character: Tyne The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea [1 pt]
5. Place: Dallas, Texas Elusive [1 pt]
6. Cover: Teapot & teacup - All-Butter Short Dead [2 pt]

7. Love Trouble in Spades p. 37 “It was True my beliefs in marriage were somewhat Tainted….but I supposed True LOVE did exist.” [4 pts]
8. Chocolate The Passenger p. 22 “...eating CHOCOLATE from a Tin can.” [2pt]
9. Flower Blackberry Winter p. 60 “She set The bag on my desk, Then noticed the vase of TULIPS.” [4 pt]
10. Gift Trouble in Spades p.2 “That, and transforming Maria’s backyard, counted as her wedding GIFT.” [3 pts]
11. Romance/Romantic Trouble in Spades p.161 “I Think it’s rather ROMANTIC.” [2 pts]
12. Dinner Color Me Dead loc 663 "...Turkey dinner .... "[2 pt]

message 25: by JoAnne (new)

Am I going to get away with this one?

6. Cover: Timepiece (?) Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17

message 26: by JoAnne (new)

:} Sharon {; wrote: "yes, that looks like a watch! go for it!"

Thanks Sharon!

message 27: by Joann (new)

Joann | 1255 comments :} Sharon {; wrote: "Joann - 8 points for 1-6, 18 points for 7-12 (#9 is actually 5 points - you forgot a "the"

Congrats!!!"

Thanks Sharon!

message 28: by JoAnne (new)

I found everything except Main Character.

February Scattergories Letter: T
11/12

1. Book Title: Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17

2. Author: Nancy S. Thompson Stirred 2/13/17

4. Secondary Character: Trey Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17

5. Place: Tennessee Sweet Water Christina Baker Kline 2/4/17

6. Cover: Timepiece Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17

7. Love Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 286 The infernal female kept him confused and in a constant state of arousal, his feelings an unsettling welter of protectiveness, tenderness, and a craving no one but she could sate.

8. Chocolate: Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17 p 16 I’d definitely be hitting that again, though I needed to leave room for pumpkin mousse, tiramisu, and chocolate truffles.

9. Flower Slip of the Knife Denise Mina 2/2/17 p 36 Sister Tansy was alone behind the counter, her mouth perpetually a tightly drawstring bag, eyes despising whatever hove into her line of vision.

10. Gift Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 288 She’s a good kid with a useful talent.

11. Romance/Romantic Accidentally on Purpose Jill Shalvis 2/2/17
p 207 “Not even close because you put yourself in front of me and took the bullet yourself.”
“Because I’m not the one of us maybe carrying our baby.”

12. Dinner Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17 p 53 “Okay then, there’s a great Thai place.

message 29: by Melike (new)

Melike | 56 comments I am still a little confused on how to do the points...
February 1-February 28

Items found: 12/12

Items:
General
1. Book Title:To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Author: Kathryn Taylor Unbound
3. Main Character: Tamlin A Court of Thorns and Roses
4. Secondary Character: Trent Kalamack Dead Witch Walking
5. Place: tehran Reading Lolita in Tehran
6. Cover:tree To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

February Specials:

7. Love: there was no love between us, and never had been--at least what i assumed people meant when they talked about love--yet part of me had sunk when he'd said he'd soon be married. Page 31 A Court of Thorns and Roses 3 pts
8. Chocolate: i ate my entire plate in silence, too aware of the High Fae observing every bite, but as I reached for a second helping of chocolate torte, the food vanished. Page 64A Court of Thorns and Roses 2 pts
9. Flower: Elain's old flower garden was a wild tangle of weeds and blooms, and the ward markings were still etched on the stone threshold. Page 259 A Court of Thorns and Roses 3 pts
10. Gift: it was the only gift she has ever given me, and our house still bore the marks of it, even if the paint was now fading and chipped: little vines and flowers along the windows and thresholds and edges of things, tiny curls of flame on the stones bordering the hearth. page 11A Court of Thorns and Roses 2 pts
11. Romance/Romantic: the revolutionary cant and romantic atmosphere were infectious and the Iranian students were at the forefront of the struggle. P 85 Reading Lolita in Tehran1 pt
12. Dinner: later, after another dinner of vension, when we were all gathered around the fire for the quiet hour before bed,I watched my sisters laughing and whispering together. Page 32 A Court of Thorns and Roses 2pts