Our Shared Shelf discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Feminist Poetry

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) | 3 comments I read Milk and Honey a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it's simplicity. I'm looking for something similar (poetry with feminist themes, but not overly complex)). I've been looking at Warsan Shire and Nayyirah Waheed's works, but I'm not sure where to start. Any recommendations?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Salt by Nayyirah Waheed is definitely worth checking out. I'm reading it right now.

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Woods | 3 comments I'm reading Tara Skurtu's 'Skurtu, Romania' now and love it. Strong feminist voice with humor and some romance. Expat themes.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma 'When i grow up i want to be Mary Beard' by Megan Beech is my favourite poetry collection ever! It's so relatable, upbeat, fun and inspiring! Would totally recommend it x

message 7: by Katelyn, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (last edited Mar 11, 2017 04:09PM) (new)

Katelyn (katelynrh) | 836 comments Mod
Hi all, I've just gone ahead and changed the title of the thread to be a bit more concise and specific. Hope that's okay!

EDIT:

Actually, I've just realized as I've been cleaning up the Book Suggestions folder that there is already a thread for feminist poetry here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please be sure to do a quick search using the bar to the right of the discussion board before posting to check if there is already a thread for that topic. Moderators will lock and archive duplicate posts.

Locked and Archived

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.