What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > adult fiction, set in NYC, man kills someone in college tunnels then commits suicide

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 14, 2017 09:37AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 9 comments Hi everyone,

I have a library patron looking for a book. Here is the info he gave me:

-Published within the last 5 years
-Adult fiction written by a male author
-Probably a trade paperback size book
-set in NYC and Central Park area

Plot: A man kills someone deep in the tunnels of a college. Later on, this man commits suicide by jumping out of a window. You're led to believe that this man had psychosis, but you soon realize it was some kind of evil force within him. When he kills himself, that force leaves his body and finds another little boy to inhabit. He would not classify this book as horror.

Any ideas? I would love to help this man find his missing book! Thank you!

ADDITIONAL INFO ADDED 2/14/17:
-it was a debut novel
-the author's last name started with D sort of like DeGraw (but that's not it) It could have been Da or something else, just that there were 2 parts and the first started with a D
-the title MAY have had the word safe or saved (but not saving). And it was a longish title, more than three words

message 2: by Diana (last edited Jan 23, 2017 07:37PM) (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Could it be something like Hobgoblin or Mazes and Monsters? Those books seized on the drama around a student who "disappeared" into the steam tunnels below his university and his fascination with Dungeons and Dragons.

The tunnels part really reminds me of that, but this was decades ago so none of these books are recent.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 9 comments Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely pass those titles along and see if either one might be it!

Diana wrote: "Could it be something like Hobgoblin or Mazes and Monsters? Those books seized on the drama around a student who "disappeared" into the steam tunnels below his universi..."

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 9 comments Just added some additional details about the missing book. My patron remembered some more information.

Thanks for your help!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
We crave closure, so please let us know, Stephanie~

message 6: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 19, 2017 05:48AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 9 comments Kate wrote: "We crave closure, so please let us know, Stephanie~"

None of the books suggested, unfortunately!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 9 comments Yonah wrote: "Genre: Maybe suspense Romance maybe not
plot: There is this girl who was being raped by her uncle, so she moves to where her sister lived. She finds out that her sister's boyfriend/fiance lives in ..."

You will have to make your own thread. This thread is for one book only.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Removed message #7; Yonah created a separate thread.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Bump.