Goodreads Sanctuary discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by martin eden (new)

martin eden Any ideas for the group? New threads? Challenges? ...

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin (hippolicious) I love challenges. I am currently doing an Alphabet challenge. Reading books with each title starting with a letter of the alphabet. It's a lot of fun.
You could also start group reads. Every month a book. Or a theme.

message 3: by Shevella (new)

Shevella (hummingbird14) | 170 comments I think some sort of monthly group read would be fun. We could vote on a book or theme each month. Then you could create a thread where we can discuss the book. You could also make a thread where people could post their own personal challenges.

message 4: by martin eden (new)

martin eden Challenges are great. So I will create threads for monthly group reads, and other kinds of challenges too. We will start suggestions in February for March.
I will do that tomorrow, have so much work tonight.
Thanks a lot for these suggestions!

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin (hippolicious) What about a general chat thread? So we can share some thoughts and ideas or just talk?

message 6: by martin eden (new)

martin eden It's done Karin!

message 7: by martin eden (new)

martin eden Would you like to have a "creative writing" challenge?

message 8: by Shevella (new)

Shevella (hummingbird14) | 170 comments martin eden wrote: "Would you like to have a "creative writing" challenge?"

Tell us more please....

message 9: by martin eden (new)

martin eden I was thinking about the game story cubes
We could use it (there is an app) and have 9 pictograms / images that would be mandatory to integrate in our short story. Then we could vote for the best / most imaginary story.

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin (hippolicious) Sounds like fun! I'd like to give it a try. :-)

message 11: by martin eden (new)

martin eden Karin wrote: "Sounds like fun! I'd like to give it a try. :-)"
It is great! I often play this game with my daughters and my students too.

message 12: by Sindhu (new)

Sindhu G (sindhug) | 4 comments Shevella wrote: "I think some sort of monthly group read would be fun. We could vote on a book or theme each month. Then you could create a thread where we can discuss the book. You could also make a thread where p..."

yeah.. we can vote for a book and them share our review on the same.

message 13: by martin eden (new)

martin eden Sindhu wrote: "Shevella wrote: "I think some sort of monthly group read would be fun. We could vote on a book or theme each month. Then you could create a thread where we can discuss the book. You could also make..."

Hi Sindhu! We have two goup type of reading: the BOTM (Book of the Month) (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...) and the TOTM (Theme of the Month) (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...).