GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Book Review Offer

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Hello all,

I am looking to help new authors or those struggling for reviews. I promise any feedback I give will be kind but honest and will not be made public unless you agree to the content. I will definitely not publicly criticise your work!

So if you are interested in a read and review please contact me at psychicsnail8@gmail.com where you can send me an electronic copy (mobi or pdf). I will schedule you in, but at the moment (bizarrely) my hopper is empty and it's first come first served.

Thanks,

Ralph.

message 2: by Pale (new)

Pale Moonlight | 2 comments Sent you a contemporary romance. Hope you chose to read it and hope even more than you like it!

Pale Moonlight

message 3: by Angel (last edited Jan 23, 2017 05:20PM) (new)

Angel | 43 comments What genres do you like and don't like? So I can assess if my books would be a good fit.

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Yes I should have mentioned this. I will try almost anything, but prefer action, thriller, horror etc.

message 5: by Jagriti (new)

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 5 comments Hello Ralph

My name is Abhinita and am petty new and really unsure of how to proceed. My first book: Acid Attack, (Jagriti the change catalyst, #1) by Jagriti is out on amazon kindle under the pen-name Jagriti.

If you like the preview please let me know so we can take it up from there. My details are on the goodreads author page.

Link is: https://www.amazon.com/Jagriti/e/B01M...

Look forward to hear from you. Thank you in advance!

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 3 comments Hello Ralph,
I have a Christian crime novel Written in Blood that needs more reviews. I have a preview up if you'd like to see what it's about. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Nathan

message 7: by Lillian (last edited Jan 24, 2017 07:26AM) (new)

Lillian White (lillianwhite) | 35 comments Ralph - Only just realised it was you who left a recent review for Hag's Breath on Amazon. Thank you so much for reading it and for the comments you left, I am very grateful.

S P Oldham

message 8: by Angel (last edited Jan 24, 2017 07:27AM) (new)

Angel | 43 comments Ralph wrote: "Yes I should have mentioned this. I will try almost anything, but prefer action, thriller, horror etc."

I have a newly released mystery/thriller/romance/
suspense/action/thriller/horror/international crime fiction/ set from 1989-2008.

There is some adult content with the romance part but the romance isn't the central theme, the mystery/ suspense/ and other genres are. It's also a coming of age novel, young adult to new adult and is multicultural, multilingual (subtitles included for those certain parts) multiracial.

It starts in Mississippi, Chicago, Japan and majority of it is set in the UK. So language, spelling and colloquial phrases and terms are written according to those locations. It also has supernatural/paranormal elements as well. If you still want to read and review I can send you a pdf copy. Here is what the book looks like along with the sample. The novel is called Weeping Well.

Weeping Well (Weeping Well, #1) by Angel M.B. Chadwick

But the sample won't tell you much about the book, since there are several intricate plot twists and underlying themes. This book is part of a four book series and is the first book in the series. I'm currently writing the sequel. If you're not interested in my novel then I have a gothic poetry/memoir you might like that I've also written.

message 9: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 112 comments Hi Ralph,

I just sent you an email with attachment. Kindly check. Thanks

Jo Rhino

message 10: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Angel,

I will certainly take a look at your book.

I've had a good response to my requests for review and as always I need to organise the responses properly. If they are left on this site alone there is a danger you will be lost in the ether. So if it's okay would you send me an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com so that I can put you in my pending folder please?

You don't need to send me a book link or anything, just a an email I can file and contact you with when I'm ready to start reading your book.

Thanks,

Ralph :)

message 11: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Lillian wrote: "Ralph - Only just realised it was you who left a recent review for Hag's Breath on Amazon. Thank you so much for reading it and for the comments you left, I am very grateful.

S P Oldham"

It's my pleasure Lillian. It was a great book and you should be proud of your effort :)

message 12: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Nathan wrote: "Hello Ralph,
I have a Christian crime novel Written in Blood that needs more reviews. I have a preview up if you'd like to see what it's about. Let me know if you're interested.

Th..."

Nathan,

I'm sorry (well proud actually) to say that I'm about a 6.9 on the Dawkins scale and therefore am probably not the person to read and review a novel with religious content. I certainly wouldn't be able to review the content objectively.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck,

Ralph :)

message 13: by Angel (new)

Angel | 43 comments Ralph wrote: "Angel,

I will certainly take a look at your book.

I've had a good response to my requests for review and as always I need to organise the responses properly. If they are left on this site alone ..."

Sure, email sent!

message 14: by Ralph (last edited Jan 24, 2017 01:10PM) (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Jagriti wrote: "Hello Ralph

My name is Abhinita and am petty new and really unsure of how to proceed. My first book: Acid Attack, (Jagriti the change catalyst, #1) by Jagriti is out on amazon kindle under the pen-name Jagriti.

If you ..."

Abhinita,

I've had a good response to my request for reviews and need to organise these responses properly in my email folder. Could you send an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com so I can file you in my pending box please?

Your book doesn't have a look-inside so it's a bit difficult for me to tell if I will like it. But when the time comes you can send me an electronic copy and I can give it a go :)

Send me the mail and I will be in touch when you reach the top of the reading stack.

Thanks,

Ralph.

message 15: by Jagriti (new)

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 5 comments Ralph wrote: "Jagriti wrote: "Hello Ralph

My name is Abhinita and am petty new and really unsure of how to proceed. My first book: Acid Attack, (Jagriti the change catalyst, #1) by Jagriti is out on amazon kindle under the pen-name Ja..."

Ralph Hello,

As requested, I have sent the mail to you.

Just to let you know, my book is available on kindle unlimited now and the previewer is working on amazon's product page. Sorry, I may have posted the wrong link to you earlier!

Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.in/Acid-Attack-Jag...

It's strange, I did upload a pdf preview file on the goodreads author dashboard. I did check it! But now even I don't see it? I still have to find my way around this. My apologies!

Thank you once again for getting back - Abhinita

message 16: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 99 comments Hi, Ralph, I'm the author of 2 award-winning children's picture books. Would you be interested in reviewing them? You can message me here or at reggie13chip@yahoo.com. Thanks! =D

message 17: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Gina wrote: "Hi, Ralph, I'm the author of 2 award-winning children's picture books. Would you be interested in reviewing them? You can message me here or at reggie13chip@yahoo.com. Thanks! =D"

I'm not sure that children's picture books are really my forte I'm afraid Gina. I'm more the apocalyptic zombie type of reader. I don't think I could do them justice. :(

Ralph

message 18: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 99 comments LOL =D No problem, Ralph! Do you watch The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead?

message 19: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Gina wrote: "LOL =D No problem, Ralph! Do you watch The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead?"

I don't watch much TV really. I read mostly, when I'm not working and making sure my wife is happy :)

message 20: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 99 comments Very nice of you. I'm sure she appreciates it! =D

message 21: by Lillian (new)

Lillian White (lillianwhite) | 35 comments Hi Ralph, me again. You were very generous in reading Hag's Breath for me and then reviewing it. I don't want to monopolise your time so I will understand if the answer is no but, given that you seem to like the genre, I wonder if you would consider reading and reviewing my other horror/supernatural book, Wakeful Children: A Collection of Horror and Supernatural Tales?

I would of course be happy to send you a free download. I include the Amazon links below for your reference only. Thank you for your time.

S P Oldham (aka Lillian White.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C04VGUG Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C04VGUG#... Amazon US

http://solostinwords.doodlekit.com/ho...

message 22: by Steven (new)

Steven (stevop) | 3 comments Wow, Ralph, looks like you've plenty of reading material lined up now! I'm glad I got in a week or two ago...! For anyone that's wondering, Ralph will give you some good, honest feedback via email that the wider world doesn't have to see, as well as his public review. Seems like a top bloke!

Anyone know anyone else like Ralph?

message 23: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Lillian wrote: "Hi Ralph, me again. You were very generous in reading Hag's Breath for me and then reviewing it. I don't want to monopolise your time so I will understand if the answer is no but, given that you se..."

I will but I'm afraid you are in a terribly long queue :(

message 24: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Williams (1mkwilliams) | 3 comments Hi Ralph,
Happy to have you read and review my novel, Nailbiters which is an apocalyptic thriller. I see that you already have a lot of offers for books, when your list starts to die down, I can send you a free copy. Just let me know if you are interested and when I should send a copy for your way :)
Happy reading
M.K. Williams

message 25: by Lillian (new)

Lillian White (lillianwhite) | 35 comments Ralph wrote: "Lillian wrote: "Hi Ralph, me again. You were very generous in reading Hag's Breath for me and then reviewing it. I don't want to monopolise your time so I will understand if the answer is no but, g..."

That's fine! Thank you so much. When you are ready please let me know where you would like me to send the book and in which format.

Thanks again.

S P Oldham

message 26: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments M.K. wrote: "Hi Ralph,
Happy to have you read and review my novel, Nailbiters which is an apocalyptic thriller. I see that you already have a lot of offers for books, when your list starts to die down, I can se..."

MK,

An apocalyptic thriller sounds good :)

I do have a long queue at the moment and would appreciate you sending an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com. That will allow me to put your request in a pending folder which will ensure your request doesn't get lost.

Thanks,

Ralph.

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Willows (brittanymwillows) Sent you an email! ^-^

message 28: by Robert (new)

Robert Hult | 11 comments I am seeking reviews for my newly released, "Time Dancer and the Potion of Invincibility," the first novel in the Time Dancer Franchise.
Interested?

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Hi Ralph!

I have a rom-com drama called Holly Blossums that needs more reviews. Would you be interested?

Book description:

A family rom-com drama about a teenager from 1955 who, ever since meeting her best friend, Roy Carter, believes that the color of someone’s skin makes no difference.
After a heated argument with her mama, Holly runs away to her secret hiding spot at the lake. Roy runs after her, but she slips and falls into the lake. The next thing she knows, she’s in heaven arguing with Saint Peter.
Given a second chance by heaven, Holly is sent back to earth for two weeks, as an adult, to find a new family in Texas, 2015. She quickly finds the perfect parents, but the perfect dad is engaged to Holly’s psychologist.
With everyone thinking she's got a screw loose, completing her mission will not be easy. At least she has her childhood best friend, Roy Carter – now a retired cop, to help her unite the perfect parents.

Thank you,

Sarah.

message 30: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Robert wrote: "I am seeking reviews for my newly released, "Time Dancer and the Potion of Invincibility," the first novel in the Time Dancer Franchise.
Interested?"

Robert,

Quite possibly, but I do have rather a queue at the moment. Would you send an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com so I can keep your request in a pending folder and not lose it.

Thanks,

Ralph

message 31: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Sarah,

I will most certainly take a look. Although romantic comedies are not really my thing, my wife may well be interested. Would you send an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com so I can keep your request pending and not lose it.

Thanks,

Ralph.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Ralph wrote: "Sarah,

I will most certainly take a look. Although romantic comedies are not really my thing, my wife may well be interested. Would you send an email to psychicsnail8@gmail.com so I can keep your ..."

Ralph,

I'm sending it to you now. If your wife would like to read it, that would be great :)

Thank you,

Sarah.

message 33: by Thomas J. (new)

Thomas J. Benedict (thomasjbenedict) | 6 comments Are you interested in fantasy and epic fantasy?

message 34: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jones | 20 comments Thomas J. wrote: "Are you interested in fantasy and epic fantasy?"

I will consider most stuff apart from anything with a religious agenda. This is only because I don't think I could give these books a fair and impartial review.

If you (or anyone else) has books for review then please post a link to psychicsnail8@gmail.com, so I don't lose your request. Be aware there is a humongous queue at the moment so it will be some time before I will be able to get around to you.

Thanks,

Ralph.

message 35: by Thomas J. (new)

Thomas J. Benedict (thomasjbenedict) | 6 comments Ralph wrote: "Thomas J. wrote: "Are you interested in fantasy and epic fantasy?"

I will consider most stuff apart from anything with a religious agenda. This is only because I don't think I could give these boo..."

Books with religious agendas are utterly obnoxious!

message 36: by Frances (new)

Frances Webb (franwebb) | 2 comments Hi everyone,

Good to be a part of this group!

My name is Frances Webb and I'm the author of the Historical Fiction book "Come to a Memory: Joab's Story/Lila's Story" a "moving story about friendship and overcoming prejudice".

I'd like to offer my book for a review exchange. Anyone interested please write me here or in private.

I also ask you to enter Come to a Memory Giveaway here: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Good luck to all authors!

Best regards,
Sara

message 37: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Hively | 4 comments Hey Ralph,

Just sent my email regarding my debut novel, The House the Devil Built! Thanks for the consideration!

Regards,

Benjamin Hively

message 38: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Baker | 4 comments Thank you , Ralph, for reviewing my debut novel, The Sun God's Heir: Return. Occasionally I see a review where my first mental response is, "Damn, I wish I could write like that." :) Much appreciated.

message 39: by A.P. (new)

A.P. K'Ory (akinyi) | 8 comments Ralph wrote: "Hello all,

I am looking to help new authors or those struggling for reviews. I promise any feedback I give will be kind but honest and will not be made public unless you agree to the content. I wi..."

Hello Ralph,

I've just seen this and sent my book - probably it's more suited to your wife if she's interested. I read your offer at the top ans simply sent the book before reading the other messages...
Thanks for the generous offer.

message 40: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Tate | 3 comments Hi, Ralph,
If you would be interested in reviewing a cozy mystery I would appreciate a review for my novel, Scapegoat, which is the fourth book in the Dunbarton Mysteries series. I can't send you a copy, however, since Amazon doesn't do gifting from Canada but i could let you know the next time it is on a free promotion. Also, it is KDP Select so you can read it on Kindle Unlimited.
Thanks for being so generous with your time in doing these reviews.
Valerie

message 41: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Derwin | 11 comments Hi Ralph, no hurry on reviews, but happy to send a lovely bundle of paperbacks to you if you would read horror or dark fantasy please? I'm a Small Press owner, publisher, editor and author working from home due to illness. I have the following books released under my press so far;
Weird Ales anthology vol 1 ed Theresa Derwin
Weird Ales: Another Round anthology ed Steve Cotterill
Wolf at the Door (collection) Theresa Derwin
Infection (Lucifer-based zombie infection) Kyle Turton

Please reply or PM if you're interested. My website for Quantum Corsets is under construction and I have been in over 25 anthologies.
Many Thanks
Theresa