Smashwords Authors discussion

General > Change to payment schedules

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments I had an email from Smashwords proboards stating that the payment schedule would be monthly and with no threshold. Anyone else see this.

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Jan 23, 2017 12:26PM) (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments the monthly payment from 2017 was buried in here:
http://blog.smashwords.com/2016/12/sm...
"Faster payment cycles – January will be our last quarterly payment round, after which Smashwords is going monthly starting in February. Yay!"

About the no treshold, SW FB page posted this:
http://goodereader.com/blog/indie-aut...

Oh, and the January payment for Q4 is already on Paypal... the previous years Q4 paid quite late (like at the very end of January)! :)

message 3: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Yes I saw that

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 1400 comments I knew about the new payment schedule, but didn't notice about the minimum payment threshold thing. I did get my payment, and was surprised to see it so early in the month, but since it was over the minimum payment threshold, and I hadn't heard anything about others getting theirs when it was below it, the only thing I was surprised by was the earlier than normal date.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) | 260 comments Yep, this is all proof that Smashwords is strong. They've been in the black for ages and care about their authors as more than just walking money generators. I'm excited about this.

message 6: by Ted (new)

Ted Summerfield (ted_summerfield) | 144 comments Thanks A.L. for mentioning the Smashwords Forum. Much appreciated.

Monthly payments from Smashwords are a benefit many Smashwords authors have been wanting for years.

According to Mark's blog post about January 2017 payments, "... Starting this pay period we eliminated the prior $10.00 payment thresholds for PayPal which means we sent out payments as low as a penny."