The Maze Runner 2017 discussion

Post 3: Chapters 30-44

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you feel this way?

message 2: by Zian (new)

Zian Bautista | 8 comments The whole book has been suspicious eerie depressing anxious, and adrenaline rushing. I feel this way because the narrator gives an extraordinary job of describing how they all feel. The author was trying to create this mood. To keep the reader hooked and entertained to see what happened next what there next move was or if they just gave up.

message 3: by Owen (last edited Feb 14, 2017 10:17AM) (new)

Owen | 7 comments I think that the main mood is confusion. The confusion is created by the fact that when you come out of the box you know nothing about the place you were just dropped into and everyone is very hesitant about telling you anything this is supported on page 16 when Thomas said "You can't tell me anything, I wouldn't call that taking care of me." And confusion is also created when the doors randomly didn't close for the night, when they always closed at the same time everyday for as long as anyone can remember. This is supported on page 241 when referring to how the Gladers were reacting to the doors not closing "The next thirty minutes were an eruption of mass confusion."

message 4: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 9 comments I think the main mood in this part of the book is mainly confusion because the walls won't close and the grievers falling off the cliff. Also Teresa woke up from her coma and said on page 239 "I triggered something," she replied in a calm voice. "Not on purpos, I swear it. The ending. I don't know what it means." This creates a mood of confusion because right after she woke up the sun disappeared and the walls didn't close. Also Gally came back the night when the girl woke up and when the walls didn't close and he said on page 256 "They'll kill you!" Gally screamed, spittle flying everywhere. "The Grievers will kill you all- One every night till it's over!"

message 5: by Cole (last edited Feb 21, 2017 06:21AM) (new)

Cole | 8 comments I think that the mood is confusion and fear, because when they came out of the box they didn't know anything and was scared also because they didn't trust anyone and was afraid of being killed supported on page 160 "Think about what we were all like in the beginning. " also "not trusting anybody, refusing to do anything".

message 6: by Olivia (last edited Feb 15, 2017 10:22AM) (new)

Olivia Woods | 8 comments Erin wrote: "What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you feel this way?"
I feel that the mood in the story that has been created so far is eerie. I felt that it was eerie because they have no clue what is outside of the glade other than endless walls and grievers. They have no clue who is controlling them or who made the maze. Thomas keeps seeing W.I.C.K.E.D on the beetles and knows it has to stand for something but they have no idea. Also the fact the no man could've made the maze alone and that there could be other people or monsters lurking makes it even more eerie. I think that the author tried to create this mood because some of the things that the characters said gave me chills. On page 239 when Teresa says "I triggered something." It really makes me nervous because I have no clue what she did

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Woods | 8 comments Cole wrote: "I think that the mood is confusion and fear, because when they came out of the box they didn't know anything and was scared also because they didn't trust anyone and was afraid of being killed supp..."

I agree with your thoughts on the mood being fear and confusion. Thomas stated multiple times that he had no clue who he was or anything and the maze itself is very confusing and scary.

message 8: by Owen (new)

Owen | 7 comments Olivia wrote: "Erin wrote: "What moods has the book created for you so far? Why did you feel that way? Was the author trying to create this mood for you? If so, then how did he/she do it? If not, what made you fe..."
I agree with what you said, but I think that another main mood is confusion. I say that because you never know what is going on. You get bits and pieces of information that seem to lead to nowhere. And also when Thomas came out of the box nobody would tell him anything and that he would learn eventually. And then Teresa came being the first girl to be in Glade. And nobody knows why its all happening.

message 9: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 9 comments Owen wrote: "I think that the main mood is confusion. The confusion is created by the fact that when you come out of the box you know nothing about the place you were just dropped into and everyone is very hesi..." I agree with you that the main mood is confusion because the walls not closing and the sun disappearing. Also what is confusing is the grievers come back every night and take one person at a time and not everyone.

message 10: by Cole (new)

Cole | 8 comments Owen wrote: "I think that the main mood is confusion. The confusion is created by the fact that when you come out of the box you know nothing about the place you were just dropped into and everyone is very hesi..."
I agree with what you said because when they were in the maze they were confused majority of the time while trying to get out, but also there may be another mood throughout the story which is fear, they where afraid of being killed by grievers and not being able to get out of the maze.

message 11: by Zian (new)

Zian Bautista | 8 comments Cole wrote: "Owen wrote: "I think that the main mood is confusion. The confusion is created by the fact that when you come out of the box you know nothing about the place you were just dropped into and everyone..." So on and so forth they're all confused there isn't any help for the Gladers to escape.

message 12: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Hedeman | 8 comments I felt a gloomy mood. I felt a gloomy mood because the sky has turned grey and the walls have stayed open at night. Also, everybody is giving up getting out of the maze. I think the author was trying to create this mood on purpose. Possibly to maybe make us, the readers, give up as well.

message 13: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Hedeman | 8 comments Cole wrote: "I think that the mood is confusion and fear, because when they came out of the box they didn't know anything and was scared also because they didn't trust anyone and was afraid of being killed supp..."

True, the mood could be confusion. I said the mood is gloomy but confusion makes sense as well. Mostly because basically everybody is confused.