The Maze Runner 2017 discussion

8 views
Post 2: Chapter 15-29

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?


message 2: by Zian (new)

Zian Bautista | 8 comments The characters that Thomas is getting to know are a bit edgy and suspicious especially Gally because he claims to have seen Thomas when he went through the Changing.


message 3: by Owen (new)

Owen | 7 comments The characters do seem believable in their own context because on their first day most people would be freaking out and panicking, but for some reason Thomas isn't this is supported on page 160 where Minho said "He didn't panic... Think about what we were all like in the beginning. huddling in corners, disoriented, crying every hour, not trusting anybody, refusing to do anything" . And to be honest I can't really relate to Thomas that well because first I would never want to be a runner just seeing what they go through would be enough to let me know not to be one. And also he isn't really afraid of much. He stayed perfectly calm while in the maze while I would just be running around panicking.


message 4: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 9 comments The characters in this story seem believe able because every person in the glade has had their memory swiped before coming up the box. I can relate to them by not knowing where they are, how they got there or who sent them here. If I was the newbie in the glade, I would be scared, confused and sad. On page 179 Newt said, "Uh, no, Tommy. Most of us spent a week klunkin' our pants and bawlin' our eyes out." Except for Thomas.


message 5: by Cole (new)

Cole | 8 comments The Characters in the story are believable, because everyone in Glade has had their memory wiped and at first they didn't trust anyone because they didn't know who each other was and now Thomas is now starting to trust people, and they are a bit suspicious but they are believable, If I came up the box I would be scared and confused just like everyone else but Thomas.


message 6: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 9 comments Zian wrote: "The characters that Thomas is getting to know are a bit edgy and suspicious especially Gally because he claims to have seen Thomas when he went through the Changing." I agree with what you said, but it wasn't just Gally who went through the changing, so did Alby and Ben and they both claim that they saw Thomas before coming up the box. On page 197 Ably said "You were with the creators... Creators. Helping them. But that ain't what got me shook up."


message 7: by Owen (new)

Owen | 7 comments Cole wrote: "The Characters in the story are believable, because everyone in Glade has had their memory wiped and at first they didn't trust anyone because they didn't know who each other was and now Thomas is ..."

I agree with what you said but another thing is that Thomas does remember some other things that he isn't telling anyone. Like how he felt that he had seen the girl before and that he knew he wanted to be a runner. And I would also be really confused, not knowing anything but my name and nothing about my life before that point, it would be outright terrifying.


message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Woods | 8 comments Erin wrote: "Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?"

I think the characters in The Maze Runner are believable because they don't have any superhuman abilities, they feel pain and emotion like we do, and they are all different in their own ways. For example when Newt told Thomas that he had injured his leg, that made the story more believable and he struggled with that throughout the story. Then when Alby told Thomas that so many people had died and they've tried tirelessly to escape, that also made it more realistic. When the runners come back, they're usually drenched with sweat and exhausted sometimes to the point of collapsing. It made the characters believable because no one can work that much and still have energy. They all have different personalities which not only makes it more believable but more interesting because they're not all the same and robotic like. For example, take Alby who is smart, strict, and a good leader and compare him to Frypan who is silly, almost carefree at times and easygoing. They're all different in their own ways which makes it a lot better. This is why I think the characters are believable.


message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Woods | 8 comments Owen wrote: "The characters do seem believable in their own context because on their first day most people would be freaking out and panicking, but for some reason Thomas isn't this is supported on page 160 whe..."

I agree with what you said about the character being different because Thomas was very different from the others. Like you said he wasn't panicking and he also was anxious to go to the maze and explore unlike some other who would freak out and cry which makes them all more believable because they're all so different


message 10: by Zian (new)

Zian Bautista | 8 comments Olivia wrote: "Owen wrote: "The characters do seem believable in their own context because on their first day most people would be freaking out and panicking, but for some reason Thomas isn't this is supported on..." I also agree with this because he showed little to none to reacting to this situation.


message 11: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Hedeman | 8 comments I don't think some of the characters seem real like Gally. Mostly because Gally just seems like a total nut case. I can sometimes relate to their predicaments because sometimes I get in arguments with people. Chuck reminds me of one of my friends who talks a lot. As well as Minho reminds me of one of my friends because he's smart and sometimes manipulative.


message 12: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Hedeman | 8 comments Tommy wrote: "The characters in this story seem believe able because every person in the glade has had their memory swiped before coming up the box. I can relate to them by not knowing where they are, how they g..." I disagree on how it's believable since I've never heard that teenagers put in an enclosed space with seemingly no way out. Also, I've never heard people losing their memory to add to being put in a enclosed area. As well as I'm not that sure how you can relate to not knowing who sent you to a place or how you got there etc.


message 13: by Cole (new)

Cole | 8 comments Erin wrote: "Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?"

I don't really agree because they all have their memory wiped before they come up the box everyone doesn't even know there name besides Thomas.


back to top