YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Daughter of the Forest  (Sevenwaters, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of the Forest
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters #1) by Juliet Marillier - Starting February 20th 2017

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84132 comments Mod
Lovely Sorcha is the seventh child and only daughter of Lord Colum of Sevenwaters. Bereft of a mother, she is comforted by her six brothers who love and protect her. Sorcha is the light in their lives, they are determined that she know only contentment.

But Sorcha's joy is shattered when her father is bewitched by his new wife, an evil enchantress who binds her brothers with a terrible spell, a spell which only Sorcha can lift-by staying silent. If she speaks before she completes the quest set to her by the Fair Folk and their queen, the Lady of the Forest, she will lose her brothers forever.

When Sorcha is kidnapped by the enemies of Sevenwaters and taken to a foreign land, she is torn between the desire to save her beloved brothers, and a love that comes only once. Sorcha despairs at ever being able to complete her task, but the magic of the Fair Folk knows no boundaries, and love is the strongest magic of them all...

message 2: by dianis. (new)

dianis. | 28 comments I would like to join:D

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Thats great Diana :)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I read the whole book before I got a chance to do any comments so I will do my best to break it up.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I was shocked when I first started reading this book I had no idea it was (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I see some people have listed this book as young adult. Yes the main character is 13 to 16 years old but (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments 3/4 (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments 4/4 (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22776 comments Mod
Gillian wrote: "I was shocked when I first started reading this book I had no idea it was [spoilers removed]"

I had to read a few of the brother grim stories for English class and I have to say that I prefer the Disney versions. Too dark for me. :/

Gillian wrote: "I see some people have listed this book as young adult. Yes the main character is 13 to 16 years old but [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Gillian wrote: "3/4 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Gillian wrote: "4/4 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)