What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen Sci-fi. Kids get flown to another planet to see if livable; alien on planet; they're taken captive

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Una (new)

Una Macdonald | 5 comments The book was a teen fiction it was read maybe 6 or 7 years ago it is about these kids who live on a planet but get flown to another planet to see if it could be lived on but there is some sort of alien on the planet and they stay with it for awhile then they get taken captive. It is similar to the series on tv called the 100 but that is about all my daughter can remember. Thanks for any help people can give

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Una, since there are a lot of people looking for teen fiction, you want your thread to stand out by adding genre and plot details to the header. For example, you need to mention that it's Sci-Fi to get the attention of sci-fi readers.

If you are unable, a mod can help you.

message 3: by Una (new)

Una Macdonald | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Una, since there are a lot of people looking for teen fiction, you want your thread to stand out by adding genre and plot details to the header. For example, you need to mention that it's Sci-Fi to..."

Hi, thanks was unsure of were to write stuff how do I get the mod to help me ? Never used something like this before thanks again.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You're welcome. I updated it for you.

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison (alianora) | 105 comments Invitation to the Game has teens going to another world. I can't remember if they get captured, though.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
It's not Invitation to the Game--the kids don't get captured.

Una--does you daughter remember HOW they get there? And how many of them there are? Also, how old of a teenager was she at the time?

There is Star Ka'at and the other books in the series, but this would be for tweenies, really, rather than teens.

Robert A. Heinlein had a number of different stories with variations on this idea, so I'd suggest checking him out too.

Andre Norton also wrote for older kids and adults as well, and several of her other series and stand alones have this idea as well so she's another suggestion.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessdaygeorge) | 163 comments But We Are Not of Earth is about a group of teens who grew up on spaceship after Earth is abandoned. They are chosen to go to newly discovered planet and check out its livability, but are captured by the people living there.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie R | 0 comments The 100 is also a book series. you might want to try that

message 9: by Una (new)

Una Macdonald | 5 comments Thanks guys for all your help will be asking my daughter more questions

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Una, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Una (new)

Una Macdonald | 5 comments Sorry I haven't been on to check for sooo long, no we haven't found out the book title yet, we would still love to know what it was.

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19036 comments Still looking, Una?

message 14: by Una (new)

Una Macdonald | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Still looking, Una?"

Yes, still haven't found out the title yet or author, thank u for checking 🙂 una

message 15: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19036 comments The Cage is probably too recent.

Does your daughter remember if the main characters came from Earth originally?