Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

Genre Review Groups > Young Adult Review Group 11 (closed)

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (last edited Jan 26, 2017 03:38PM) (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
In joining this review group you have agreed to review the novels assigned to you on a two month schedule. This group is now in the review phase and is no longer open for sign up.

This is Young Adult Review Group 11. (This includes all works intended for the Young Adult audience.) As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the books assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. If the review is positive (three stars or higher on Amazon), the review should be posted to Amazon (US and UK) as well, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement.

If a reviewer and the author agree that the review should not be posted to Goodreads due to quality issues, the reviewer is relieved of the requirement of posting the review. If this occurs in the first round, the second reviewer is relieved of the requirement to read and review the book. This is entirely at the discretion of the reviewer and is not intended in any way to manipulate the rating of any book.

Contact the authors you are scheduled to review to arrange to receive a review copy of their work. Note that Amazon has made a minor change in how reviews are displayed. As long as a review that is not verified as a purchase is recent, it will be displayed on the book's Amazon page. Once it rolls off, it will still be counted in the ranking of the book, but the link to show more reviews has been modified by Amazon to show only reviews that come from verified purchases. Authors may consider gifting their book to assigned reviewers so that they will qualify as verified purchases. Reviewers may bypass this limitation by offering to purchase the books assigned to them. All of this is voluntary. Authors may still provide review copies for free, and reviewers can still post reviews to Amazon that are not from a verified purchase. This change in Amazon policy has no effect on Goodreads.

Please post to this topic, both when you receive review copies and when you post the reviews.

If you are going to be late with your review, either post to this topic as soon as possible or message the author and the moderator.

If your book has not been reviewed by the deadline for either round, contact the review group moderator. This is necessary to make certain that the review process is fair for everyone.

Note that any participant who makes no effort to fulfill his or her commitment to this group will have all reviews of his or her work resulting from this group deleted and his or her membership in the Genre Specific Review Group will be terminated.

THE AUTHORS AND BOOKS ARE:

1 Annette Oppenlander - A Different Truth A Different Truth by Annette Oppenlander

2 Stevie Rae Causey - Ring of Fire Ring of Fire by Stevie Rae Causey

3 Melody Klink - Godeater: The Second World Godeater The Second World by Melody Klink

4 Sanna Hines - Stealth Moves Stealth Moves by Sanna Hines

5 Teresa Schapansky - Imogene of the Pacific Kingdom Imogene of the Pacific Kingdom by Teresa Schapansky

6 Ryan Troske - The Rising The Rising (Supernaturals Book 1) by Ryan Troske

7 Christy Nicholas - The Enchanted Swans The Enchanted Swans by Christy Nicholas

THE ORDER OF REVIEW IS AS FOLLOWS:

January 30 to March 2

Annette Oppenlander reviews Ryan Troske
Stevie Rae Causey reviews Melody Klink
Melody Klink reviews Christy Nicholas
Sanna Hines reviews Teresa Schapansky
Teresa Schapansky reviews Stevie Rae Causey
Ryan Troske reviews Sanna Hines
Christy Nicholas reviews Annette Oppenlander

March 2 to April 2

Annette Oppenlander reviews Melody Klink
Stevie Rae Causey reviews Sanna Hines
Melody Klink reviews Ryan Troske
Sanna Hines reviews Annette Oppenlander
Teresa Schapansky reviews Christy Nicholas
Ryan Troske reviews Teresa Schapansky
Christy Nicholas reviews Stevie Rae Causey

message 2: by R. (last edited Jan 23, 2017 02:18AM) (new)

Authors:

The list of authors for this group have been published in the initial post of this topic. Please review this list and let me know about any conflicts as soon as possible. I will publish the schedule in a few days.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Schapansky | 20 comments This is great - I have not yet reviewed any of the other books :)

message 4: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments I have reviewed Ryan and G.J. All the other authors are new to me.

message 5: by R. (new)

Authors:

I had to rearrange some of the participants between the two groups to avoid conflicts. Please review the new list in the initial post of this topic and let me know about any new conflicts. I will post the review schedule in a few days.

R.

message 6: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Schapansky | 20 comments There are no conflicts here for me :)

message 7: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments No conflicts for me, either.

message 8: by Melody (new)

Melody (melodyklink) I've reviewed another of Sanna's books (The Shining Ones), but not the one listed. I haven't reviewed any of the others, so we're good!

message 9: by R. (new)

Authors:

Due to a conflict, two participants had to be switched from one group to the other. (Ryan is now in Young Adult Review Group 11, and Davon is now in Young Adult Review Group 10.)

If there are no other conflicts, I will post the schedule of review tomorrow.

R.

message 10: by Annette (new)

Annette | 19 comments Stevie Rae Causey reviewed one of my other books. I don't know if this is a conflict in the eyes of Amazon. Thanks!

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Ah... I JUST got my ARC today, I'm a day too late for this group :(

message 12: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments But if there IS a conflict, I'd love to throw my The Enchanted Swans in the ring! I've reviewed one of Sanna Hines other books in the past.

message 13: by R. (new)

Authors:

We have a seventh participant, and the review schedule has been posted in the initial comment of this topic. Please review the schedule and make arrangements to obtain review copies of the books assigned. Post comments to this topic when you receive your review copies and when you post your reviews.

Let the melee ensue.

R.

message 14: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Woohoo!

message 15: by Melody (last edited Jan 27, 2017 06:09PM) (new)

Melody (melodyklink) I've got my copies of The Enchanted Swans and The Rising!

message 16: by Annette (new)

Annette | 19 comments I've received Melody Klink's book, GODEATER.

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I've received A Different Truth :)

message 18: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments I've received Imogene of the Pacific Kingdom.

message 19: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Causey | 10 comments I have received both books for review :)

message 20: by Melody (last edited Jan 31, 2017 02:50PM) (new)

Melody (melodyklink) I started my first group book on the 26th, and I just finished it today! I'm working on posting the review links, and I'll edit this post with them as they go live. Unfortunately, I can't review The Enchanted Swans on Amazon yet, since it's still Pre-Order, but I will do so once it launches.

A Bard Girl's Tale

Goodreads

I have to say- I'm SO glad that I got to read this book. Well done, Christy!

message 21: by Annette (new)

Annette | 19 comments I have received both books for review. Thanks!

message 22: by Christy (last edited Feb 14, 2017 07:48AM) (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I just posted my reviews on Amazon/Goodreads for A Different Truth! I had a lot of time to read this weekend :)

Goodreads

Amazon

message 23: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I forgot to mention - since my book doesn't release until March 8th, only Goodreads reviews can be posted at the moment. Then Amazon is open March 8th :)

message 24: by Melody (last edited Feb 11, 2017 04:41PM) (new)

Melody (melodyklink) I've finished reading The Rising, and I'm working on posting each review:

Goodreads

Amazon

A Bard Girl's Tale

Thanks for the fun read, Ryan!

message 25: by Annette (new)

message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I've completed my reviews for Ring of Fire:

Goodreads
Amazon

message 27: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 94 comments My reviews of Stealth Moves have been posted.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/RNCIES0...

message 28: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments Ryan wrote: "My reviews of Stealth Moves have been posted.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/RNCIES0WJ..."

Thank you, Ryan. I appreciate your insights.

message 29: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Causey | 10 comments I have finished Godeater!
Amazon reviews are still pending. I'll update with their links once they post

message 30: by Melody (new)

Melody (melodyklink) Stevie wrote: "I have finished Godeater!
Amazon reviews are still pending. I'll update with their links once they post

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show......"

Thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to read it!

message 31: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Causey | 10 comments Melody-thanks for writing it! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

message 33: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Schapansky | 20 comments Thank you so much Sanna, for a wonderful review!

I apologize - the reviews I have scheduled for Stevie and Christy's books will not be in on time - crazy busy with work and haven't had the time to devote. BUT, I will as soon as I'm able :) Thanks for understanding!

message 34: by Melody (new)

Melody (melodyklink) Christy wrote: "I forgot to mention - since my book doesn't release until March 8th, only Goodreads reviews can be posted at the moment. Then Amazon is open March 8th :)"

Just wanted to let you know I've submitted my review to Amazon! It's currently under review, but should show up soon.

message 35: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Wonderful, thank you! :)

message 36: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 94 comments My reviews of Imogene of the Pacific Kingdom.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/RA0FJCW...

message 37: by Annette (new)

Annette | 19 comments Here are my reviews for Godeater. Thank you, Melody!

GR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Godeater-Secon...

message 38: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments I've reviewed A Different Truth. Quite a powerful read!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
https://www.amazon.com/review/R3AKPF5...

message 39: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Causey | 10 comments Teresa wrote: "Thank you so much Sanna, for a wonderful review!

I apologize - the reviews I have scheduled for Stevie and Christy's books will not be in on time - crazy busy with work and haven't had the time to..."

Just checking in :)

message 40: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Causey | 10 comments My review of Stealth Moves is being withheld by agreement with the author.

message 41: by R. (new)

Authors:

All assignments have been accounted for except for two reviews where the reviewer has let us know that the reviews will be unavoidably late. (This is acceptable.) This review group will be held open until those reviews are resolved.

R.

message 42: by R. (new)

All assignments have been completed now. Thanks to all the participants for following through on their commitments to this group.

R.