Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology
This topic is about Troublemaker
T > Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, by Leah Remini

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joan (last edited May 26, 2017 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 1007 comments The outspoken actress, talk show host, and reality television star offers up a no-holds-barred memoir, including an eye-opening insider account of her tumultuous and heart-wrenching thirty-year-plus association with the Church of Scientology.

Reading this for the 2017 ATY challenge for number 28 a non-fiction book.

I wanted to read because I was interested in knowing more about Scientology and what they do. It is interesting so far. I'm listening to the audiobook and she narrates it which makes it interesting. She has a bit of a potty mouth so if you can take that you might find it interesting.

Joan Barnett | 1007 comments After reading this book I find I still think about it a lot. It gave me some insight as to what the Scientology religion is like. I found it interesting that most of her fellow cast members weren't aware that she was in the religion and she tried to hide it.

message 3: by Sophie, Moon Mod (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 3228 comments Mod
I don't know much about Scientology, this must be interesting. It's also great famous people are writing books about it, maybe prevent some people to get into it.

My mother-in-law went to 3 meetings before realizing they were organized by Scientology, then she immediately stopped. They are sneaky.

Manda (BookWenchManda) | 1893 comments I read this for my Choices Challenge, a GR Best of November (2015) book. I really enjoyed reading this and learning more about Scientology and about Remini's experiences. I've been following her show on A&E which has been really good so far.

4/5