What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance - New Orleans Restoration with Ghosts

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 2 comments I read this book when I was younger so it could've been published any time from late 90's or earlier. It's a Romance novel and it has a ghost couple who haunt their home and a woman who comes to restore this grand beauty back to her former self and she even hires a New Orleans native a superstitious hottie who carries around a gris gris. I know that the house has a wrap around porch and large door-like windows and it is like a murder mystery with the love story. Please help me.

message 2: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore This maybe way off here because you say the h(a woman) is the one restoring the house. But it sounds like a Nora Roberts book. If there is a character in it named Declan then its. Midnight Bayou sorry if im off base here.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber | 2 comments Sorry, I forgot about this.

I started reading Midnight Bayou and I don't think it is it. There are two ghosts and they are taken over by them. The ghosts are the dead couple who were murdered. I remember it saying something about lattice doors off the upstairs bedroom where they were killed and windows big enough to walk through onto the wrap around porch on the bottom floor. I think the old house is in the french quarter? It was a really good book. The ghosts try to warn the living of repeating history.

The reason I don't think it is it, is because when the living couple enter the house through a window the first time they go there... they are immediately taken over by the ghosts and they start to make out. You get glimpses of the scenario through the ghosts' perspectives sometimes.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Amber, are you still looking for this or did you find it?