What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > book about a girl who moves to a new home. Some chapters describe what the cat is thinking.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ezra (new)

ezra | 1 comments I dont know if this book has already been solved (I dont know the name of it).
-
I read this book about four years ago, it is not a terribly old book,
-
I remember the cover (of the version that I read at least) is all black with the outline of a cat in the centre. The cat is made of many different colours.
-
As for the plot (I cannot remember everything, and details may possibly be wrong but I trying my best)I remember that the main character is a girl (i think in her early teens) who has for some reason moved to live with a male family member in his home near a forest. I know that there is a cat in this story who does not speak, but the author gives chapters that describes what the cag is thinking, thought none of the characters can hear him. The girl continuously tries to befriend the cat but the cat doesnt really care.
There is a boy in this story who lives in the woods (or somewhere near i cannot remember) and is everntually revealed to be her brother near the end of the story.
-
This is all I remember, it reminds me of The Secret Garden, and The Hummingh Rook although it is neither and I really wish i could remember the book.

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments The cover does not match exactly, but it sounds like Wild Things Wild Things by Clay Carmichael

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Ezra, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it "Wild Things?"

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Osiecki | 255 comments This makes me think of Coraline by Neil Gaiman, or at least the movie version.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wild Things (other topics)