New Adulting Central discussion

Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilse (last edited Jan 22, 2017 05:53PM) (new)

Ilse (eelsaysbooks) | 28 comments Mod
Everyone introduce yourselves here!
My name is Ilse and I am currently 25 years old. I own a booktube channel called eelsaysbooks. I love to read books (obviously) but I think the genres that I always go back and forth with are fantasy and new adult.

I am so excited to start this book club! I hope you can join us in our discussions.

booktube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/eelsaysb...
twitter: https://twitter.com/eelsaysbooks
Feel free to leave links to BookTube channels, blogs or any other media you would like!

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) I'm so excited about this new book club! Thank you for taking the time to start it and including all of us. My name is Lisa and I'm a big fan of types of books and one of my favs is NA. Looking forward to group discussions and reading new books. I have recently started a new booktube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGfl...

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneywest) | 5 comments Hi! I'm Whitney and I like romance, fantasy, and thrillers but NA romances are some of my favorites to read! I've already read Bully and Rival is on my TBR this month too! I can't wait to see the pick for next month though!

Chelsea (thepageprincess) (thepageprincess) This book club has me so excited!! I love New Adult books! My name is Chelsea. I'm 20 years old and I'm a student studying Creative Writing. I love reading so so much and I am really looking forward to this book club.

message 5: by Runell (new)

Runell Hi, everyone! My name is Runell (roo-nell) and I love to read almost anything, but if it's got a little bit of romance in there, I always seem to want to read those even more. I'm 22 and while 2016 was my worst reading year ever, I'm back to reading as much as I can as fast as I can.

I'm really looking forward to this book club!

message 6: by Weekend (new)

Weekend Reader_ (weekendreader_) | 1 comments Hello everyone my name is Lynell I love romance and mystery so I'm excited to join this group. I have a book page on fb and instagram so any recommendations or books we read will probably end there too .

message 7: by Paloma *The Romance Queen* (last edited Feb 02, 2017 08:22PM) (new)

Paloma *The Romance Queen*  (bookishpaloma) | 1 comments Hey! So excited for this I'm a tiny bit afraid that I would have read all of the books you guys choose! I've been reading New Adult for a while lol
I have a bookstagram if you guys would like to check it out!
@bookishbetches

message 8: by Brielle (new)

Brielle Bauer (briellebauer) | 1 comments Hi My name is Brielle I'm 17 and NA has become one of my favorite genres, just this past year! I'm so excited for this book club!!

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (booklover723) | 2 comments My name is Lauren this genre has become one of my favorite to read.

message 10: by Alie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 09:19PM) (new)

Alie Hey everyone! My name is Alie and I enjoy reading YA, NA, romance, fantasy and suspense. In the past few years, I've been reading mainly New Adult and I have found some great gems in the genre and books that I consider all time favorites! :D

message 11: by Erika (new)

Erika (mzpinay) | 1 comments Hii my name is Erika, can't wait for this book club. New adult isn't talked about enough!! :)

message 12: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf) (brandijaneesbookshelf) | 1 comments Hey everyone, I'm Brandi. I'm stumbled into New Adult last year and it has been a favorite since!

message 13: by Batel (new)

Batel (bellzbooks) | 2 comments Hi my name is Batel and I love new adult and fantasy and New adult is my favorite genre, I can read only new adult and I'll never get bored !

message 14: by Chanel (new)

Chanel Martin (foxfables) Hi, Im Chanel. New Adult is quickly becoming my favourite genre. Im excited for this Book Club!/

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samantharw) | 4 comments Hi everyone! My name is Samantha and I'm 21 years old,. Currently in grad school for social work but I still make time to read a ton. Contemporary romance is my favorite genre (and I mainly read NA now and not as much YA) but I've become more obsessed with suspenseful thrillers lately!

message 16: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 2 comments Hi, I'm Tamara. I'm so excited about this book club! New Adult is quickly becoming one of my favorite genres. I'm currently in my last few months of nursing school so my personal reading time is limited, but when I do get a chance I read it's almost always a New Adult book.

message 17: by Shameria (new)

Shameria | 1 comments Hey Guys! I'm Shameria, I just started my NA journey, I have the HARDEST time finding NA books. I am really excited about this group and the books that we will read!

message 18: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 1 comments Hey! My name is Natacha (Na•Ta•Sha) & I used to be an avid young adult reader but after a while, I guess cause I grew up and the tropes are kinda played out to me - I'm looking into NA! I'm so excited for this book club!

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Putnam Hey, I'm Lisa. I like to flip flop between all different genres but sometimes I just crave a NA story! Looking forward to being a part of this club!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Tami:) I'm 22. I'm currently in university studying biology. I love reading contemporary romance. I picked up Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, which was my first NA book that sparked my love in reading again.

message 21: by Ilse (new)

GUYS IM SO EXCITED BY ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES TO THIS BOOK CLUB.. excuse the caps lock but its for emphasis on how excited I am...
EMPHASIS!

side note: If you know where that is from, we are best friends.

message 22: by Clang (new)

Clang (clangreads) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Clang and I'm 24. I'm actually a big fan of YA fantasy and contemporary but one of my reading resolutions for this year is to read more different genres and so I'm trying out NA and would love to know your recommendations :)

Also, I have a bookstagram account if anyone's interested: @claaangreads :)

message 23: by Staci (new)

Staci (stacisbookishprobs) | 1 comments Hi guys! I'm Staci! I'm 18 years old & I've always wanted to read NA but never knew where to start so I'm super excited to start in a book club! I do booktube & bookstagram (@stacisbookishprobs) and I'm super excited for Bully! I've never heard of it but can't wait to give it a go!

message 24: by Dutches (new)

Dutches | 1 comments Hello guys!!

message 25: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve | 3 comments Hi everyone! My name is Genevieve and I'm 27 years old. I'm an elementary school teacher. As a teacher, I love to read children's lit. My favorite children's book is Charlotte's Web. My favorite genres are YA fantasy, YA contemporary and of course new adult. I am really excited to be part of this book club.

message 26: by BrokenAngelxxx (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) hey everyone! my name is Llonna and I'm 24 years old. I'm currently in my last semester of undergrad as a sociology major. I love reading new adult, and also books on psychology and other mental illnesses. New adult has definitely become a favorite genre of mine but I read basically anything. I'm always craving a good NA book, though. Right now, my favorite NA author is Jessica Sorensen. I'm looking forward to reading books by Cora Carmack, Colleen hoover, and other cool NA authors. I'm just happy to be in this group.

message 27: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Olson  | 2 comments Hi I'm Marissa. I'm 21 years old and I'm a daycare teacher.. I read mostly NA books.. J. Daniels Sweet Addiction Series is want really started my love for New Adult books.. Recently I haven't been in the mood to read at all.. So by being in this group hopefully it will help me get back into reading again!

message 28: by Miss (new)

Miss Kitten’s Corner (misskittenscorner) I am very excited to join this book club. My name is Keianna, but you can call me Kei. I became a reader about a year ago and started reading New Adult about 2 months ago. So I'm still kind of new to the genre. I like to read Young Adult if I'm not feeling the New Adult genre. I am 17 years old. Turning 18 in 3 months. So, yes I'm still in high school, but can't wait to graduate.

message 29: by sage (new)

sage Ahhhh rip I forgot to introduce myself aha...the name is Sage, I'm a they/them pronoun user, and I'm ready to fall back into NA. I've been in a pretty bad reading slump so I've been hoping that by joining Goodreads and BookTube I'll be a bit more inspired. Looking forward to discussing books with everyone!~

message 30: by Karli (new)

Karli | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Karli and I'm 20 years old! New Adult books have been very addicting and so fun for me to read for the past three years! Looking forward to being in this club!

message 31: by Night Owl Reads (new)

Night Owl Reads (night_owl_413) | 1 comments Hello everyone. The name is Ashlee. I am about to be 29 years old, I live in Massachusetts with my newlywed husband. I have been a reader since I read my very first book, Green Eggs & Ham, but it also runs down the line of woman on my mothers side, they were all readers. My mother would read a 1,000 page Stephen King novel in two nights! I have been reviewing books for both self-publishing and traditional authors for four years. My first serious romance novel I read, I was in high school and it was a Rachel Gibson novel. I fell in love with her books and my love for romance just continued to grow. I first read Fifty Shades in May. of 2013. What I look forward to with this group is getting away from just reading review books in a month, I review so much that I rarely get to just read something I want. So getting to step back and read a book with a group of ladies that just love to read to read, it's going to be fun. But the writer in me will still leave a review, I can't help that.

message 32: by Michaela (last edited Feb 07, 2017 11:41PM) (new)

Michaela Wagner (michaelawagner) | 1 comments Hey lovelies!!
I'm Michaela and I'm 23, from Australia!!
My fave genre is fantasy, and occasional SciFi. I really want to get into some good contemps, just for lighter reading, and YA contemp is rarely my thing! So this should be a good way to find some good NA novels!!

I've got a Booktube, bookstagram and (slightly neglected) Book Blog if you're interested!
Booktube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ky...
Bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/jmbarries/
Book Blog: http://jmbarries.wordpress.com
Booklr: http://jmbarries.tumblr.com

message 33: by Carol (new)

Carol (thereadingwallflower) | 1 comments Mod
Hello y'all!
I know I'm really late on introducing myself, but better late than never! Am I right? Anyways, like Beyonce says in her Run the World song, "I'm from Houston, Texas baybeee." Lol. I'm 24 years old. My favorite genres are New Adult (obviously.), YA Fantasy, and lately I've been also getting a bit more into SciFi. I am trash for the hate-to-love troupe. I a thousand times prefer the male characters to be intellectual than just good looking. Although, it doesn't hurt either if he is both. This also goes for the female character. I love when both of the love interest spare off in a word match. I think I just described Connor and Rose from the Addicted/Calloway Sister Series. Which sounds about right because they are my favorite couple ever!

Here are my other social media where I talk even more about my obsession with books. Feel free to reach me at any of the places below!

-Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oT...
-Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thereadingw...
-Tumblr: http://thereadingwallflower.tumblr.com
-Twitter: https://twitter.com/readwallflower

message 34: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley Glass (kimmy102) | 1 comments Hi my name is Kimberley im from scotland in united kingdom
im 28 i love new adult and young adult books

message 35: by Susan (new)

Susan MacIver (susanmaciver) Ilse wrote: "GUYS IM SO EXCITED BY ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES TO THIS BOOK CLUB.. excuse the caps lock but its for emphasis on how excited I am...
EMPHASIS!

side note: If you know where that is from, we are best f..."

Drake and Josh?! I used to watch that with my son, such a funny show.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan MacIver (susanmaciver) Hi everyone, my name is Susan, I'm from sunny Arizona, and I'm thrilled about this club! I was told recently that my book fits the New Adult genre which I previously didn't know existed. I went searching for a group to join that knew more about it and I am so lucky to have found this one! Now that I kind of know what NA is, I realize that many of the books I've enjoyed fit into this genre and I'm excited for all of the reading suggestions I'm sure to get out of this group!!

message 37: by Ermelinda (new)

Ermelinda Djalo Hi everyone!!! my name is Linda I live in London since 2013, I was born and raised in Portugal (sorry for my grammatical errors).
I'm a mother, a wife and I work as receptionist in an university.
I love read
I love read
I love get lost in other world, and feel all the emotion that a book can give us.
I like YA, scifi, Fantasy, romance
My favourite book of all the times its Harry Potter
but I do love me some NA with lots off romance and steamy connection.

message 38: by Rita (new)

Rita L. (rital) Hi everyone!
My name is Rita, and I'm from Portugal! I really love new adult and more adult romances, and I hope we all have a great time reading books together!

message 39: by Raven (new)

Raven (ravenluvs2read) Hi everyone. My name is Raven and I absolutely flove New Adult books, especially Romance ones. I also love to read YA as well. I am so happy I discovered this group :)

message 40: by Erika (new)

Erika Maki | 3 comments Hi everyone, my name is Erika and and I am 23 years old. I recently discovered the New Adult genre last year, and quickly became obsessed with it. My favourite genres are NA, YA Paranormal Fantasy and I've recently become interested in YA Sci-fi and Dystopian. I also hope to get into YA High Fantasy this year since this is a genre I rarely read.

I am also a BookTuber and my channel is Maniacal Reader. When Carol announced there was going to be this group, I was so excited because I never would have discovered NA if it weren't for her. I'm looking forward to reading some awesome New Adult books and making some new friends.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI0Y...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/maniacalreader
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/maniacalrea...

message 41: by Louise (new)

Louise Hall (louisehallbooks) Hi, I'm Louise and I'm from Manchester in the north west of England. I'm so excited to join this group because I love NA books - I've got Anything You Can Do waiting to be read on my Kindle. I'm a huge fan of RS Grey's previous books so it will be really interesting to find out what you all think of it.

message 42: by Kath (new)

Kath Hi! My name is Kath, I am 25 years old, 26 very very soon.
I have a booktube channel in spanish (some videos in english)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjuz...
Twitter: @amoryletras03

I have a book club named Amor y letras, I love to read and share my opinions about books, recently I am discovering my love for NA.

message 43: by Therese (new)

Therese (avablue14) | 3 comments Hello from NY

message 44: by Ilse (new)

HI! I see new people have joined! tell us about yourselves!

message 45: by Corinne (last edited Jun 05, 2017 07:42PM) (new)

Corinne | 3 comments I'm Corinne, New adult is my favorite genre because it still has a young adult feel and young characters, but it has more realistic situations, like couples having steamy moments without fading to black, more drama, more darkness. My favorite books of the genre are:
Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Transcendence by Shay Savage Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher The V Girl by Mya Robarts A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1) by Amber L. Johnson Branded (Sinners #1) by Abi Ketner A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1) by Laura Thalassa The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1) by Amy Harmon Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1) by A. Meredith Walters The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole

I'll post these books in the recommendations. I hope I discover books with these group, preferably fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, and paranormal New adult.

message 46: by Rita (new)

Rita L. (rital) Hi everyone!!
So what's going to be our next read?!