Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Her Every Fear
This topic is about Her Every Fear
Group Read Books - archive > Group Read - Her Every Fear general No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (last edited Jan 22, 2017 04:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments Our March 2017 Group Read book has recently been released and I know at least one person who may have started reading it (Carol/Bonadie!) :)
Are you planning on reading Her Every Fear along with us? We have read other Peter Swanson books before. NO SPOILERS for any of the books on this segment please.
Peter's first book was The Girl with a Clock for a Heart

Peter's second book was a group read:
The Kind Worth Killing
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments Carol: When you have time if you could let me know the chapter count I can start setting up segment threads for discussion. No rush!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Yikes! I am three or four books behind so I suspect I will not be the first to read it. But maybe I'll juggle the order and do the chapter summaries, we'll see who else is reading and when they think they'll get to it. But until then, the book is 333 pages long. There are two parts, Part one is called "Long Leggedly Beasties" and takes up most of the book -- chapters 1 - 29 -- and the second is "An Even Split" with chapters 30 - 38.

Thanks Ann, as always, for keeping us organized!

Sherry  | 3757 comments Ann wrote: "Our March 2017 Group Read book has recently been released and I know at least one person who may have started reading it (Carol/Bonadie!) :)
Are you planning on reading [book:Her Every Fear|2993803..."

i'm planning on reading it- in march :)

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 1342 comments I'm waiting for it from my library.

message 6: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments No rush Carol!! March is perfect.
I thought I saw on the JF NR thread that you were thinking of starting Perer's book sooner, but probably misread it.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Yikes! I am three or four books behind so I suspect I will not be the first to read it. But maybe I'll juggle the order and do the chapter summaries, we'll see who else is reading and when they thi..."

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments No, you're right. I feel an obligation to summarize Peter's book! But, whomever gets there first and is so moved should do it.

I was pleased to go on the second of my library systems and find that I was able to reserve it on CD, which makes it much more likely that I will get there. Also copies of The Dry and Night School.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Ann, I decided to go ahead and start reading Her Every Fear. So whenever you're ready you can post the chapters and I'll fill in summaries.

message 9: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments Will do Carol!

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments Carol: The threads are ready for posting. I'll go ahead and update the start date to 15-Feb-2017 too. :)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Ann, I decided to go ahead and start reading Her Every Fear. So whenever you're ready you can post the chapters and I'll fill in summaries."

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Feb 11, 2017 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments OK! Thanks, Ann. I will start entering the summaries over the weekend.

message 12: by Russ (new) - rated it 2 stars

Russ | 339 comments Delightful Kindle sample, which was 1-2 chapters. I'll give it a go! Kicking myself for not starting sooner since I see some of you may have already finished the book.

message 13: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments Russ: I am still waiting on my turn from the library, hope to have it soon! Good to know it starts off well!
Russ wrote: "Delightful Kindle sample, which was 1-2 chapters. I'll give it a go! Kicking myself for not starting sooner since I see some of you may have already finished the book."

message 14: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments I finally sprang for an Audible credit to have this audio lined up after I finish listening to Night School. My library turn hasn't budged very far and while I might get my turn in 3-4 weeks, I might not. I am looking forward to starting it soon!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Russ wrote: "Delightful Kindle sample, which was 1-2 chapters. I'll give it a go! Kicking myself for not starting sooner since I see some of you may have already finished the book."

Can't wait to hear what you think of it, Russ!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Ann wrote: "I finally sprang for an Audible credit to have this audio lined up after I finish listening to Night School. My library turn hasn't budged very far and while I might get my turn in 3-4 weeks, I mig..."

Ann, I think your library needs more copies of Her Every Fear!!

message 17: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments I agree Carol!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Ann, I think your library needs more copies of Her Every Fear!! "

message 18: by Jack (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jack | 179 comments The library only has an audible book for this and am picking it up this weekend. Never had an audio book before so excited to see how it goes and how easy it is to follow.

message 19: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14807 comments I hope you enjoy the audio Jack!
I am enjoying the narration and the story.
Jack wrote: "The library only has an audible book for this and am picking it up this weekend. Never had an audio book before so excited to see how it goes and how easy it is to follow."

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Ann wrote: "I hope you enjoy the audio Jack!
I am enjoying the narration and the story.
Jack wrote: "The library only has an audible book for this and am picking it up this weekend. Never had an audio book bef..."

Me too, Jack, I'm eager to hear how you like listening. Maybe we'll convert you to an audio "reader"!