Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > What order?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (last edited Jan 22, 2017 04:34PM) (new)

Alicia | 21 comments My fiancé and I agreed that I have to read one series to the end before starting another. I started and am currently in the middle of several series, but I wonder if you can help me pick one to currently stick with. The series to decide from are Demonica from Larissa Ione, Lords of Underworld by Gena Showalter, The League by Sherilyn Kenyon, or Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward. What do you all think?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments That's a tough call! I'm a fan of bouncing around between series. I'd be interested to hear if there are others out there who dig deep and finish a whole series (I mean, LOTU is over a dozen books and BDB.... yikes!). Do you get burned out?

I want to say my vote is for LOTU because that is a favorite of mine, but I think for your sanity you should do Demonica only because it bounces around a little between characters and places and maybe you won't get bored as easily? I don't know.

This is an interesting conundrum! What are the rules? Some of these series are still ongoing.. Do you have to wait to start a new series until Larissa Ione or Gena Showalter finish a few years from now or can you start another once you've caught up with the books that have been published? I suspect LOTU is closer to finishing than the others, especially since Ward is constantly branching off into different BDB words/character sets.

message 3: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments I'm a fan of reading multiple series simultaneously. It can be hard on the bank account but good for the brain otherwise

I agree with Rachel, on several points. you could be burned out and nit-picking at the series seeing misplaced commas, etc. Plus depending on the series it may not be done. Also i it's a series you haven't started you run into what if you don't like it

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 21 comments What he means by "finish" is catch up to the latest publications. I have read every dark hunter novel in that series and haven't gotten bored but idk how I would feel about these.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michker) | 23 comments I hear you on the multiple reads, I would pick the one with the least amount of titles to read first because the next inline would most likely would not be coming out until either later in the year or next year so you will be up to date with that series and can start the next series soon after based on when the next inline book would be released.