Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Square Root of Summer
This topic is about The Square Root of Summer
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Square Root of Summer, by Harriet Reuter Hapgood → Start Date: February 10, 2017

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Clementine | 901 comments Join Vicki and me! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! I'm excited to be reading with you again! Thanks for making the thread!

Clementine | 901 comments I'm excited too hehe! :D

Clementine | 901 comments Tuesday 6 July: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Sunday 14 July: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Will you be starting this one soon, Vicki? :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm starting this morning as soon as I get home from my breakfast date.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thursday 6 July

I agree! I think (view spoiler)

Triangles (view spoiler)

I don't do too well with abstract, thus I didn't do well with geography and I don't do real well with things like time travel and alternate worlds unless it's really clear.

Clementine | 901 comments Vicki wrote: "Thursday 6 July

I agree! I think [spoilers removed]

Triangles [spoilers removed]

I don't do too well with abstract, thus I didn't do well with geography and I don't do real well with things like..."

As I read on I think that (view spoiler) I usually don't do so badly with abstract but I don't think in this case that's it's well executed to be honest...

message 10: by Vicki (last edited Feb 11, 2017 04:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yeah, I can see that too, but I haven't read enough to say what I think yet. I just see it as another (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Vicki wrote: "Yeah, I can see that too, but I haven't read enough to say what I think yet. I just see it as another [spoilers removed]"

Haha, well I really don't know either. It's just weird. :P

Saturday 26 July

Jason: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Clementine (last edited Feb 12, 2017 06:57AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Clementine | 901 comments Thursday 31 July: (view spoiler)

Monday 4 August: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Clementine (last edited Feb 12, 2017 10:22AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Clementine | 901 comments Saturday 16 August

Thomas: (view spoiler)

Sunday 17 August

Thomas: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments I'm done...

(view spoiler)

Can't wait to read your future updates! Hopefully, it works better for you than it did for me. ^_^

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm sorry you didn't like it more. I really don't know yet how my rating is heading.

I don't think that the (view spoiler)

Jason (view spoiler)

I really like the drawings because they've helped me a little bit. As I said, I don't do too well with abstract things.

I love your insight anytime science or psychology is involved.

I hope to finish this one today.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments And I'm finished. I think if I had the scientific background that you do, I'd dislike certain books more. I thought this one was actually good.

I don't think that the (view spoiler)

Regarding Gottie not being (view spoiler)

Scientific stuff, as you put it, (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments You're probably right. Since I began my degree (and finished other degrees lol), I seemed to enjoy less and less books. Both on the adult and YA ends of fiction, I mean. I guess it compares to how you would feel about grammatical errors or literature refences gotten wrong, you being an English teacher and all. I don't even read mental illness books anymore because it gets me all riled up against the world. LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's a really good analogy! Lol I can completely understand where you're coming from.