Blue Lake Academy discussion

Places > Faculty Lounge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments The faculty lounge is a pretty large room, with chairs, sofas, vending machines, and a small kitchen with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker.

message 2: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence walked in, shutting the door behind her. She sat down in a chair right across from Matthew's. "Just a bit of vanilla, thank you so much." She replied with a smile. "So, are you grading?" She asked curiously. "Is that how you got your paper cut?"

message 3: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments (( that's fine! take your time lol. ))

Florence laughed a little. "Well, lets hope that you don't get paper cuts on all of your fingers. That would be horrible plus I don't even know if somebody can grade papers with paper cuts all over their fingers." She admitted. She never tried it, but she would never try it in her lifetime. "Thank you, Matthew." She spoke with a smile as she took a sip. It tasted wonderful like always.

message 4: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence chuckled as she tucked a loose strand of black hair behind her ear. "And we certainly don't want that to happen." She said with a smile. "Basically the genetics, history, and pathology, of medicine. Really interesting if I do say so myself." She replied, taking a sip of her coffee. "What about you?"

message 5: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence smiled. She liked getting to know about people who went to the academy. Everybody's story was so interesting. "Yes! That sounds like fun and so interesting." Florence stated with a smile. "When I was little, my parents were doctors. Always gone, but they would come back and tell me about their day. I guess that I just loved what they did and I wanted to help people. And here I am." She replied.

message 6: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Yes. It is very challenging, but I seem to like challenges." She said with a smile as she took another sip of her coffee. "I guess that I wanted to teach other people what I knew. I like being around students and getting to learn about them, so that's why I'm here." She smiled softly.

message 7: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Yes!" Florence explained with a grin, glad bag somebody agreed with her. "If you don't do what you like in your life, you will just be unhappy and terribly depressed because you really want to do it." Florence stated.

message 8: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "It's a great sight to see for eight hours a day, like you just said." Florence commented. "Plus, seeing them interested in what you did a long time ago makes me feel accomplished and thankful that they want to change the world." She stated with a smile, even though she was probably phrasing what Matthew just said in a different way.

message 9: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence watched as Matthew got up as he walked over the the vending machine, flattening a five dollar bill. "Sure, but I should pay you back later. That is very sweet of you." Florence stayed with a kind smile. "I'll just have a granola bar if there is one."

message 10: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence watched as Matthew pressed the buttons on the vending machine, a beep coming out with every single press. Then, she blushed a little, but hid it when he said it was only a dollar. "Thank you." She replied with a smile.

message 11: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Well," Florence started as she took a bite of her granola bar. Once she swallowed, she started again. "I really like softball even though I'm pitiful at it." She lightly chuckled. "I also like math even though I'm not sure that it is really a hobby, and I really like to learn about space." Florence stated. "What about you?"

message 12: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence lightly laughed. She never heard of the phrase one smart cookie before. It was really amusing. "Reading! Oh! I love reading. It's wonderful. Books take people on so many amazing journeys. I honestly forget that I am even in my own house!"

message 13: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "I think that my favorite genres have to be mystery, historical fiction, and fantasy." Florence replied as she took a sip of her coffee which was still surprisingly warm. Whenever she wasn't teaching or playing softball, Florence loved to read.

message 14: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence thought about the question. How could she choose all of her favorite authors without rambling on and on about why she likes them. "I think that I really love John Green, Suzanne Collins, and Rick Riordan." She replied. She had many more favorites, but she possibly couldn't name them all right now.

message 15: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Yeah. There are also so many more authors like I really love, but I wouldn't want to ramble your ear off." Florence spoke with a light chuckle.

message 16: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence chuckled as she placed her hands on the table. "Yeah. That is absolutely true. It is always a pleasure to get to know the other people who work in the same place as you." She spoke.

message 17: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Oh dear. I really don't like drama at all." Florence said with a laugh. Drama wasn't a good thing. She knew a lot of people who were caught up in drama a lot of the time, some teachers that she knew before, but she was very thankful that she wasn't caught up in it.

message 18: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Yeah. I guess that they don't really understand that everybody in the school is a team and a family and we all have to get along together." Florence stated. "After all, we see each other every single day." She said the last part with a light chuckle.

message 19: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments
Florence chuckled. She was very thankful that she didn't go to work everyday, surrounded by horrible news and drama. Thinking about her weekend plans, she didn't have any. "Nope. Nothing that I can think of." She replied.

message 20: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence nodded. That did sound like fun. Plus, she loved bookstores because of the books. She even loved them because of the little cafes inside some of them. "Yeah. That sounds very lovely. I would love to come."

message 21: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments "Yes! I can't wait!" Florence exclaimed excitedly with a grin. She couldn't wait to go to the bookstore. "Okay! Have fun at your appointment. Nice meeting you, Matthew!" She said, shaking his hand.

message 22: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments Florence smiled back. "You too! Can't wait!" She exclaimed with a grin as she walked out after Matthew.

message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Is this thread available?))

message 24: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments (( yeah! ))

message 25: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica slipped into the room, silently scanning the room. She'd left it somewhere here...

message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason was sitting on the coach, drinking coffee and grading tests.

message 27: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Through the corner of her eyes, Jessica could see a man grading tests. Despite her little interaction with other teachers in the school, she was somewhat tempted to talk to him. She watched as he finished grading a paper with a stroke of his pen, the sunlight from the window catching his hair in a style that...

The textbook. Jessica glanced away from the man and resumed her search.

message 28: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason looked up when he noticed her sneaking around the room. "Looking for something?" he asked her. She was pretty. Not that he cared that much about beauty, but it was nice to have something easy on the eyes around.

message 29: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica flinched. She'd been hoping to get in and out without any notice. Morphing her face into what she hoped was a neutral expression, she gave the man a nod of her head. "Botany Textbook. Teacher Edition." Her words were spoken in an abrupt, choppy manner, thought somehow her voice remained placid.

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason smiled. "Botany, huh? I'm the general science teacher, so it seems we're both in the science business. I think I may have seen your book earlier." He got up, picked up his things from the table, and opened up the table. "There we go!" He pulled out the textbook and offered it to her.

message 31: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments A smile tugged at the corner of Jessica's lips. She took the textbook from the man. "Thanks." She was tempted to leave, but considering that impolite, sat down opposite the man. "General sciences..." she mused. "I don't believe I've seen you before... Are you new?"

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Fairly new," he told her. "I started last semester." He put away his grading and sat back down next to her.

message 33: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments "Hm." Jessica shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she was unable to think of how to continue the conversation. She twisted the (engagement) ring on her finger nervously.

message 34: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason noticed the ring on her finger. "Does your husband teach here?" he asked, gesturing toward the ring she was twirling.

message 35: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica stiffened. "No." She stated tersely.

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason gave her a confused look but quickly started to attempt to smooth things over. "I'm living the single life myself," he admitted. "I just never found the right person and until then I'm not that interested."

message 37: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica nodded and slipped her ring back on. "It's important to meet someone you wish to spend the rest of your life with and take the time to get to know them in order to think your decision through. But you can't always spend your entire life waiting for the right person to just..." Jessica intertwined her hands to emphasize her next word. "...click."

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Well, I'm only going to be with someone who I feel something for," Jason said with conviction.

message 39: by Shruti (last edited Feb 10, 2017 02:14PM) (new)

Shruti | 102 comments "You do you." Jessica sighed, glancing around the room trying to think of a topic change. Her eyes found his papers. "Wow, that bad huh?" She asked in reference to the score he'd just given the student.

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason sighed. "I explained the difference between the Cerebrum and the Cerebellum so many times, but they just don't get it!"

message 41: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica snorted. "I had a student label a plant stem as the stomata. Shows you how much they listen to my lectures."

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason laughed at that. "You would think at a prestigious academy they would pay more attention in class," he observed.

message 43: by Shruti (last edited Feb 10, 2017 02:53PM) (new)

Shruti | 102 comments "I can't exactly complain- I did the same thing when I attended class here." Jessica confessed poorly concealing her smile.

message 44: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Did you now?" Jason asked, a bit surprised. "And now you teach here. Gives hope for people like this one," he gestured with his hand at the paper he had been grading.

message 45: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments Jessica smiled. "That's why I'm here. To give my students hope for the future. Those who top and those who fail. Hope is a fragile thing and to loose it..." Her smile wavered.

message 46: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Jason smiled back. "Giving students hope is always an amazing feeling, huh?"

message 47: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 102 comments "Yes." She paused, giving the man a sidelong glance. "Come to think of it, I don't think I caught your name."

message 48: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Jason," he told her. "Jason Morehouse. What about you?" He gave her a faint smile.

message 49: by Shruti (last edited Feb 10, 2017 03:23PM) (new)

Shruti | 102 comments She tucked a few loose strands behind her ear. "Jessica Shen. Nice to meet you."

message 50: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Both J names and we both teach science, you sure the universe didn't mean for us to meet?" he teased.

« previous 1