What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Old School Harlequin-Other woman and letter

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, hopefully you all can help me.
There's an old school Harlequin ( I'm pretty sure it's Harlequin but it might be Mills and Boon.) Anyway a innocent heroine marries a brutally rude and controlling man. There's a letter misunderstanding. Like she hides a letter from him from the other woman and that's how she is able to marry him? I'm pretty sure that's the basic plot.
Here's where I think it's the same book but I could be combining it with another story. He finds the letter? Or she confesses about the letter? Either way he takes up again with the other woman. I want to say there's a dinner party where another man shows interest in the wife? I also remember a scene where she wears an elaborate nightgown and it either leads to her husband finally consummating or leads to a big fight where he leaves? Or a combination of both? Also, I think she leaves him and then he comes for her. I think at some point she kinda gets a makeover too. I remember there being staff and lots of misunderstandings because they stay in separate rooms? Help, y'all!

message 2: by boogenhagen (last edited Jan 23, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

boogenhagen | 70 comments You are combining two books here but both are M&B/Harlequin.

The one with the missing letter is Mary Burchell's Except My Love.

The second book also involves a letter but it is one the husband writes to his very unwanted wife Roberta Leigh's In Name Only. That is the one with the consummation and fight and she leaves.

message 3: by boogenhagen (new)

boogenhagen | 70 comments Also check out Roberta Leigh's Temporary Wife and Rachel Lindsay's Substitute Wife

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
OP's account deleted.