The YA Book Club discussion

Fantasy > House of Night series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments What are your thoughts on the books? Did you like them? Who is your favorite or least favorite character?

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Moonesar | 94 comments I liked them a lot. So sad Heath died. Fav probably the twins or Zoe

The Book Crusader (thebookcrusader) | 15 comments I saw the first book for sale once, but I thought the price was too extravagant. I mean, that's a lot of money to spend on a book—twenty-five entire...cents.

Actually, the real reason was because of this scene: (view spoiler)

So much wrong in so few words. And given that it is blatantly obvious that Zoey is the the two authors' personal vessel for all that (they believe) is righteous, it is a an extremely safe bet that they were projecting their own (idiotic) beliefs.

To the Casts: if you wrote that scene to ensure that no men would want to read this series, well, you at least succeeded with me.

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 5 comments Okay so when i first read the books was probably years ago, and I stopped reading the series because i just couldn't take the main character anymore. I never really loved the series, I started to hate it, and then the series felt like it was dragging on so i just stopped and don't regret it.

message 5: by KatiEllen (new)

KatiEllen I started reading them when the first four or five had come out and enjoyed them. I felt the arch and main idea dragged a bit, but that was probably due to them signing a contract half way through for 12 books. This series definitely got me back into reading. I will go back and resist them in a year or so to see if my opinion shifts on them.

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Hayley L. Morgan | 1 comments I loved them but towards the end it did feel like they were just dragging the story out for more books. There's one book where neferet doesn't do anything.
I liked the twins at first but when Erin? (i can't remember the blondes name) went bad that felt a little random. She seemed nice then suddenly she turns into this huge bitch.
I thought it was a super original take on vampires, they didn't even feel like vampires more like a mix between witch and vamp

message 7: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) | 42 comments I read the first 6 books and they were ok but after that I just quit. I felt like it was just never going to end and things were dragging big time.

message 8: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Van Bakel | 17 comments I really liked them! Fav characters are Rephaim and stevie Rae. It’s a long time ago I read them but I’d gladly read them again sometime

message 9: by jolie (new)

jolie (jolieve) I read the first 4 or 5 books and actually I have no in idea how because I really do not like them. The characters annoyed me and in my opinion the story was kind of too much at lots of points.

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) (barbifayethebookfae) | 841 comments I love them, they are beautiful books and I have them all in my library! I wish I had vamp school just like that!