What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > short story/fantasy: Young woman banished from religious order, captured by wild men for sacrifice, escapes, disguises herself as a man, falls in with a thief

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments A young woman is banished from a religious order because she likes to have fun.She is captured by wild men to be sacrificed to the sea god but escapes when her companion another woman is taken. She disguises herself as a man and falls in with a thief who robs her and leaves her with a spell in a jar (of darkness) . She is later rescued by the thief who laments the lack of female companionship and she reveals that she is a woman.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
You will help searchers if you add some of those plot details to your header.

When did you read this, or about when was it published? Did you read it in an anthology, or some other format?

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments I believe I read it in an anthology; but what I have there is basically all I can offer.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Robert wrote: "I believe I read it in an anthology; but what I have there is basically all I can offer."

Yes, all you can offer is there in your post, but what we try to encourage members to do is put at least some of that, the main plot points if you know them, into your header. This could be the difference between getting your book recognized right away, or waiting much longer, or never. Some members are in a hurry and don't have time to click on a vague header, but will click on something with more details perhaps.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Still on the lookout for this short story.

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Still looking for this; unfortunately no new info to offer

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina Osiecki | 260 comments The woman who rides like a man, the third book in Tamora Pierce’s Song Of the Lioness series?

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments defintely have to reread that series but unfortunately no. This was a short story I am sure of that if not much more.

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments still looking for this short story

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments still looking

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments still looking

message 12: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Still looking for this nothing new to add

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments When did you read it?

Do you think the short story was intended for teens or adults?

message 14: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments I am afraid to say how long; in the 1970's and it was in a fantasy anthology; not sure if young adult but a definite possibility.