Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Self-Promo: Books and Blogs > Author of the Day

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gen (last edited Jan 22, 2017 08:27AM) (new)

Gen LaGreca | 56 comments Today I'm the Author of the Day at Many Books. See in-depth interview: "Gen LaGreca - To Savor Freedom" at:
http://manybooks.net/featured-authors...

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt Jordan (supercyrano) | 4 comments Interesting take, this style of story-telling.

message 3: by James (new)

James G. | 7 comments Thanks. I tried to blend real world economics with a fictional storyline. Oddly enough the debt and interest rate appear to be the elephant in the room that no one is talking about.

James

Liberty Lost

message 4: by James (last edited Feb 14, 2017 10:00AM) (new)

James G. | 7 comments Liberty Lost

Hello,

If you have had a chance to read "Liberty Lost: How Debt Destroyed Our Freedoms" the article below may lend the story some realism as it portrays what living in a government controlled world would be like.

Article Title: Big Brother is watching you: Jim Rogers prophesizes death of cash & total govt control of spending

URL: https://www.rt.com/business/377307-ji...

Excerpt:

“When it's done, the governments are going to be very, very happy they are going to say they're doing it for our own good, this is not them, this is for our good. That they're doing this, but it’s coming, and it's going to be a whole different world in which we live. Probably we are not going to have as many freedoms as we have now even though we are already losing our freedoms at a significant pace,” Rodgers told the radio.

Cheers,

James G. Colt

"Liberty Lost: How Debt Destroyed Our Freedoms" first four chapters available to read at www.jamesgcolt.com .

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt Jordan (supercyrano) | 4 comments James wrote: "Thanks. I tried to blend real world economics with a fictional storyline. Oddly enough the debt and interest rate appear to be the elephant in the room that no one is talking about.

James

[book:..."

No one is talking about debt and interest and spending because to do so will be much worse than discovering the "Emperor has no clothes." To face stark reality, both government spending and debt and our own, we would have to accept the damage we've done and endure the pain required to fix it. It's easier to pretend we don't get it.
James wrote: "Thanks. I tried to blend real world economics with a fictional storyline. Oddly enough the debt and interest rate appear to be the elephant in the room that no one is talking about.

James

[book:..."

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
Gen wrote: "Today I'm the Author of the Day at Many Books. See in-depth interview: "Gen LaGreca - To Savor Freedom" at:
http://manybooks.net/featured-authors..."

A: Congrats!
B: Did you find it helped sales at all? For a while, I tried doing blog interviews and only one of them panned out. So would be nice to find a couple more places that work.

message 7: by Gen (new)

Gen LaGreca | 56 comments I sold 94 books that day and 30 books the day after, but I was doing other promotions at the same time, so I can't tell which sales came off the interview. There's a cost to do a promo at ManyBooks; if you do one, you're eligible for an interview.