The YA Book Club discussion

Dystopian > Red Queen

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments What are your thoughts about the book? Did you like it? Who is your favorite or least favorite character?

message 2: by Avery (new)

Avery Finn This book is freaking amazing but also like destroyed me. My favorite character is someone not in the red queen, but in glass sword. But least favorite is definitely Maven.

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) (barbifayethebookfae) | 841 comments I absolutely LOVED this book!!! Amazing and epic story!

message 4: by Christabel (new)

Christabel Lee (christabellybutton) | 1 comments the third book just got released and I can't wait to read it!!!!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica LaMotte  (jesz009) Avery wrote: "This book is freaking amazing but also like destroyed me. My favorite character is someone not in the red queen, but in glass sword. But least favorite is definitely Maven."

My favorite character is from Glass Sword as well. But I would have to say my least favorite character from Red Queen is Queen Elara.

I can't say Maven is my least favorite character because I feel like he might have some redeeming qualities. I won't list any since it's been a while since I've read both Red Queen and Glass Sword and I can't remember if anything is spoilery. I can't wait to get my hands on King's Cage and find out what happens next!!

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (trulyblessed_momma) | 33 comments Omg I love Red Queen!! The last two or three chapters completely killed me and threw me for a loop. It was awesome!! Glass Sword was also good but I def love Red Queen more. King's Cage just came out and I cannot wait to start it once I'm done with Heartless. I have read a few reviews of it and I am extremely excited. And there will be a fourth book so I am thrilled!!

message 7: by Lana (new)

Lana (17glimmer) | 19 comments it was a really good. however it was kind of predictable. Maven will be my fav. don't care if he turned out to be evil

message 8: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 160 comments Red Queen is one of my FAVORITE books (notice the uppercase). I read King's Cage just around a week ago and I can't wait for the next book to come out.

message 9: by Aliyaa (new)

Aliyaa Pathan I LOVED Red Queen so much!!! I fell for the twist (and the characters!) so hard!
Unfortunately, halfway into Glass Sword (Book 2), I stopped reading it. I'm still not sure why I didn't like it and perhaps I will try reading it in the future, but as of now, I'm not happy with Glass Sword.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa D | 15 comments I got Red Queen for my birthday and it was enjoyable for the most part. I do enjoy reading series though but this series hasn't ended yet. The last book will be released in 2018. I enjoy more action in a book and this one wasn't filled with much to my taste. It was overall an okay read.

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 1 comments I read the first two, and a really hard time getting into the story. Is the third one worth it?

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa D | 15 comments I liked the third book a bit more than the second book. It starts off slow but gets better as it progresses.

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) (barbifayethebookfae) | 841 comments I am on the third book in the series now, 'King's Cage', and am looking forward to more Mare Barrow magic!! Boo yaa!

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa D | 15 comments I didn't know there was going to be another book after King's Cage until I was done reading the book. I'm excited for the next installment too....in 2018

message 15: by Polina (new)

Polina | 2 comments yess Red Queen! Idk if you guys follow victoria aveyard in tumblr but she released a snippet of rq4 and everyone is like dying sooo 😂

message 16: by Sophie Wonder (new)

Sophie Wonder (sophiewonder) | 6 comments I really had trouble getting into it, last summer, and gave up but i have the first two books sat on my bookshelf. Is it worth trying again? The blurb, and reviews made it sound right up my street, but I'm not so sure now, if I couldn't bring myself to pick it up again...

message 17: by B'Neikia (new)

B'Neikia Robinson (bneikiastormborn) | 6 comments It didn't "wow" me. It had its good parts. It was too much like other books of the same genre for me.

message 18: by Janor (new)

Janor | 5 comments I absolutely loved it!! It's like one of my favourite series! I read the first two books in one sitting and the third book pretty fast too.