Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 4: January 22-January 28 (Recommended)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited Jan 22, 2017 06:57AM) (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments The challenge for this week is to read a book that was recommended to you. It could have been recommended to you in any of the following ways:

- Goodreads recommendation
- From a friend or family member
- Amazon
- From a blogger that you follow
- An author's recommendation
- A librian/bookseller's recommendation

Have fun and happy reading

message 2: by Jessie (Saffity) (last edited Feb 02, 2017 04:34PM) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Nice! I had already planned to read this one this week Vicious (Vicious, #1) by V.E. Schwab one of my best friends has been trying to get me to read this for ages.

Finished 1/30

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I love the theme!
I'm going to read The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel

it's been recommended to me many times by GR friends and bookclub friends :)

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Woo! I'm going to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor because my librarian recommended it to me a few years back.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny I have 2 in mind, both highly recommended by goodreads friends.

And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1664 comments Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi This was recommended to me by several people here at Goodreads,

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1664 comments Trinity wrote: "Woo! I'm going to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor because my librarian recommended it to me a few years back."

This is an awesome book.

message 8: by Alicia (last edited Jan 22, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 936 comments I'm going to read Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper because I was saying I wanted something with mermaids and this was what I got told to read.

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "Yay! I love the theme!

it's been recommended to me many times by GR friends and bookclub friends :)"

YAY! I really liked this one, Trisha! I hope you do, too.

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trinity wrote: "Woo! I'm going to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor because my librarian recommended it to me a few years back."

This is another one that I absolutely loved! I hope it's a good read for you too!

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Michelle wrote: "Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi This was recommended to me by several people here at Goodreads,"

Michelle, I loved this book and series!! I'm excited for you to read it! Hope you love it too.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jenny and Alicia, I haven't read your books yet, but I've heard many good things about The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and I own it and plan to read it. And Alicia, I love the book cover of the book you're going to read!

message 13: by Vicki (last edited Jan 22, 2017 07:54PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I love your theme, Allison! I'm going to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak , which was first recommended to me by my daughter. Since then many others have recommended it to me.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 451 comments I'm going to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak . I've been recommended this multiple times by multiple people but still haven't got around to reading it yet. I don't have very many unread books right now so I definitely will get to it this week.

message 15: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trisha wrote: "Yay! I love the theme!

it's been recommended to me many times by GR friends and bookclub friends :)"

I loved this! Enjoy

message 16: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Michelle wrote: "Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi This was recommended to me by several people here at Goodreads,"

I recently read this and it's every bit as good as everyone says it is

message 17: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trinity wrote: "Woo! I'm going to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor because my librarian recommended it to me a few years back."

I've been meaning to read this. I hope you like it.

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 936 comments Completion Post
Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper
Author - Karen Amanda Hooper
Date Read - 26/1
Rating - 4 Stars 

message 19: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Finished Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor ahh I loved this so much, rated it 5 stars!
Thanks for the theme, Allison! :)

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Completion Post
The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Book- The Sun is also A Star
Author- Nicola Yoon
Date Finished- 1/28
Rating- 3.5 stars
I was hoping to really love this one, but it just didn't compare for me to Everything Everything. This one was a bit slow in the middle, but I did enjoy the beginning when they met and the ending.

And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White
Won't complete this week. I am listening on audiobook and am about 60% thru. Will finish next week during my work drives. So far, I am really enjoying it. Will most likely be a solid 4 for me unless something changes negatively in the ending.

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I ended up reading One Small Boat The Story of a Little Girl, Lost Then Found by Kathy Harrison and gave it 4 stars.

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I chose Dirty English (English, #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills which was recommended in a FB post from Brittainy C. Cherry (my favorite). I gave it 3*

message 23: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Just completed And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White

Gave it a 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this one.