Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Merge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Emy (last edited Jan 21, 2017 09:43PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5020 comments Not the same editions (ISBNs don't match) so no merge either. Am now adding the missing ISBN13 and ISBN10 respectively to both editions.

Are the covers correct?

EDIT: Correction with added complication:
Memórias de Adriano has the ISBN10 that should go with the ISBN13 on O Albatroz Azul by João Ubaldo Ribeiro. Both indicate that they were published by Nova Fronteira in 2015, so it looks more like a case of mistaken ISBNs than a reused ISBN.

Nova Fronteira doesn't appear to have a website that we can check which was used and Worldcat is coming up blank on that ISBN.

Unless anyone has a problem with this, I will merge into the linked 26499429 edition as I suspect anyone who has added the (incorrect) edition would have looked on title not ISBN10. Leaving until after lunch (GMT) in case anyone has any objections.

message 3: by lethe (last edited Jan 22, 2017 02:17AM) (new)

lethe | 13555 comments Emy wrote: "Leaving until after lunch (GMT) in case anyone has any objections."

Isn't that a bit short? Maybe wait a week or so, or at least a couple of days? It's the weekend, after all.

Emy wrote: "Both indicate that they were published by Nova Fronteira in 2015, so it looks more like a case of mistaken ISBNs than a reused ISBN."

Couldn't the mistake be with Nova Fronteira? They forgot to cross the ISBN off as 'used' from the list or something? :)

message 4: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1357 comments If you look for the info, all of them are the same for these two books, I suppose that the ISBN was incorrect put. Though most brazilian books have the ISBN13 in the cover book instead the ISBN, and when they have them both the ISBN13 is printed in a larger font, so I don't know why the ISBN would be put but not the ISBN13. Unless the edition with the ISBN13 was put before. but is not that case. So I guess that they must be merged.

message 5: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5020 comments Lethe - that's a minimum amount of time until I get back to it, not an absolute :) I would suggest that was a problem before ISBN13s became the norm, but exceedingly unlikely now.

Based on the extra information from Rafael, and no objections, editions now merged. Cover image moved from the redundant edition as it was of a better size and quality.