Poetry Writing Contests discussion

General > Questions + Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 429 comments Mod
Any questions can be asked here, and suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) | 178 comments for the poem contests. is there any rule about the poems being too graphic or having curse words and stuff like that. like my poems tend to be about dark things (dying, illnesses, etc.)

message 3: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

Nope, just nothing sexual or anything like that

message 4: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

Masi wrote: "Emily, I need a poll for the Jealousy Poetry contest because I tried to make one and it said I don't have permission so can you do it?"

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was at my brother's spelling bee. I forgot I didn't enable members making polls when I originally created the group, but I will now so you guys can make your contest polls however you want.

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Am I allowed to put my song lyrics in my personal poetry topic?

message 6: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

Princess Kavy of Books and music ~It's killing me, I admit it now~ wrote: "Am I allowed to put my song lyrics in my personal poetry topic?"

Yeah, sure, songs are just poetry set to music anyway

message 8: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2017 05:22AM) (new)

Masi wrote: "I have a suggestion. But it's not a wismqdksdwkmxqskx"
What's your suggestion?

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) | 178 comments I interpret masi's idea as kinda like a roleplay poem. is that what you mean?

Ardent || LoveArdent || Raya (loveardent) | 120 comments Masi wrote: "Black Beauty Bassist wrote: "I interpret masi's idea as kinda like a roleplay poem. is that what you mean?"

Kind of."

omg that sounds like a really cool idea. is it like people bouncing lines back and forth? or no?

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) | 178 comments well I'm totally down for that

message 12: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (new)

Same, sounds fun

message 13: by ♥ Emily ♥ , Head Mod (last edited Feb 26, 2017 06:18PM) (new)

Masi wrote: "Emily ~ To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered ~ wrote: "Masi wrote: "I have a suggestion. But it's not a wismqdksdwkmxqskx"
What's your suggestion?"

My suggestion is (which I h..."

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to make it tomorrow since it's late, do you want to be in charge of pairing people up?

message 14: by Mapledream {Rose Gold}, Holiday Contests Mod (new)

Mapledream {Rose Gold} | 164 comments Mod
For one of the challenges theres this one kinda poem. I don't remember exactly what its called but it stars with s. Its not sonnet though that would be a nice challenge. I know youre just supposed use the same words for the whole poem, one of the words in every line of the stanza or something. Hope that made sense

message 15: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~ | 526 comments Mod
You want a challenge where we write sestinas?

message 16: by Mapledream {Rose Gold}, Holiday Contests Mod (new)

Mapledream {Rose Gold} | 164 comments Mod
I think thats what irs called

message 17: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

I'm sure we can do that at some point. If you want to do it right now, you could create your own member's challenge for it.

message 18: by Mark (last edited Mar 13, 2017 08:55PM) (new)

Mark André Hi I'm Mark, and I have a poem I'd like to share, but I don't know where to post it? It's short, but the short poem place is closed?
- )

message 19: by Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~, Challenges + Games Mod (and super amazing poet) (new)

You can ask for a poetry journal, which Emily will make for you, and can post whichever of your own poems you'd like in it. That's what I would do in your case.

message 20: by Mark (new)

Mark André Thank you, but I only have the one...maybe the "short poem" sight will re-open some day...

message 21: by Aurelius (new)

Aurelius | 4 comments I'd like to request a poetry thread to share ramdom poems :3
(I'd like it to be called Aurrie's Cheerful Insanity)

message 22: by allison (new)

allison (allison_renee_99) | 8 comments how about an emotion kind of poem, normally when im upset or just tired of everything in life, i sometimes write. if im not in an upsetting mood then it's kind of difficult to write. but, that's just me.