Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Read YA Fiction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 94 comments You seem extremely insightful! I'll e-mail you.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments I sent you an email! :)

-Jessica

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie | 6 comments I have a 65,000 word YA dystopian if you're interested. I look forward to hearing back from you!

In the near future, the US government has created a utopia by commandeering the mental freedom of its citizens. Memories of tragic events leading to the new world are stripped from residents’ minds to keep them feeling happy and secure. Information is guarded and ignorance enforced.

Sixteen-year-old Kiara Talwar’s life changes when the government discovers she’s an empath - she senses the emotions of others and can often tell the cause behind them. She’s never been interested by her gift, but the government is. She’s forced to become a spy in one of the rebel bases or die an untimely death.

Sixteen-year-old Blake Richards is training to be a soldier for the rebel group working to get the citizens their freedom back. Blake has been raised among the rebels and fighting is second nature to him thanks to lifelong training. He befriends and then falls for the newest recruit and trainee named Kiara. The fight against the government becomes personal when Blake’s mom is killed by them. He turns to Kiara, unaware that his connections within the rebel group make him a valuable source for information.

Kiara takes advantage of the situation without clueing Blake in to her hidden motives. Kiara’s job ultimately takes its toll on her conscious as she’s forced to do worse and worse things. And Blake is caught in the middle of it all. Kiara, the person Blake trusts most, has now become the biggest threat to his safety. He still fails to see her as the villain she’s been forced to become. As the destructive flames surrounding both of them burn brighter, Blake is put securely into harm’s way. It’s too late for Kiara to be saved, but Blake could still have a chance: if he can survive his final, bloody encounter with the monster she is now.

message 4: by Jearl (new)

Jearl Rugh (goodreadscomjearl_rugh) | 15 comments I have an 85k YA Sci-Fi. Here's the first bit of the pitch:

When I bounce tonight, I’m after my first kiss. Instead, strange men abduct my family and then chase me. While hiding, I uncover the most unlikely truth: I’m a freak, a hybrid—half human, half ET—shape-shifter. Well, I can’t just do nothing, so I choose to try to rescue my parents. Yet, the one thing I need most, courage, is nothing but hope.

message 5: by Jearl (new)

Jearl Rugh (goodreadscomjearl_rugh) | 15 comments thank you