Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
This topic is about City of Ashes
Archives > City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joan Barnett | 1521 comments Read this for the 2017 ATY book challenge for a book with at least two perspectives.
I had read the first one awhile ago and don't remember being all that impressed with it. I had already bought the next two in the series and figured I might as well read it. I definitely liked this book much better than the first in the series. Looks like I'll read the 3rd one in the series

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 243 comments That's exactly how I felt when I read the first two last year. I just bought the third from Bookoutlet. I hear the third is better.

message 3: by Zaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 3034 comments I preferred the 3rd (and then the 1st) but the 2nd was an ok read. I won't talk about the 2nd trilogy, it was a waste of time in my opinion.

Joan Barnett | 1521 comments I'm trying to hold off reading the 3rd because it wasn't in my plan for 2017 but it might become a side read. Haven't decided. I wanted to try to stay on track with the weeks challenges.

Sarah | 546 comments I just finished this one for week 2 and I enjoyed. I probably should have re-read the first one in this series since I read it 4 years ago! I own the first 3 books in this series so I know I will for sure read the next one. The 3rd book isn't in my plan for this year but I am going to see if there is a spot I can fit it in.

Joan Barnett | 1521 comments Sarah wrote: "I just finished this one for week 2 and I enjoyed. I probably should have re-read the first one in this series since I read it 4 years ago! I own the first 3 books in this series so I know I will f..."

The same as me. I have the first three books. I haven't fit the third one in yet.

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2632 comments I just finished this one, and I'm completely on the fence about how to rate it. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one (which was still a 4 star read), but couldn't decide if it was quite strong enough to get a 5 either. I've tentatively given it a 4 but it's really more like a 4.5 if that were possible.