What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > book about twins and their musician father

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 3 comments I'm looking for a book that I read almost 10 years ago (around 2007 ish), though I do not know when it was published

The book is either a childrens book or MG (for around 8-14 year olds)

I read it such a long time ago that my memories are vauge but I think there's a medieval fantasy feel to the book.

I think it is a book series.

If I remember correctly the story is about a couple of twins (a boy and a girl) whos father got locked up in prison. The father was a musician or fluteplayer of some sort (I think) and after locking him up the authorities went after the children. The book is viewed from the daughters perspective. At one point in the book the children stays with a lady, where they cut the girls hair so that she would look like a boy (this to make the autorities confused since they were looking for a girl and a boy who were twins not boy twins). They do this to continue their travel but I can't remember to where. There is also an event where the girl gets her period but I don't remember if that was of significance to the story.

Thank you for any help or reply!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments What country were you in when you read this book?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?

Were there any fantasy creatures like witches, trolls, etc?

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 3 comments Tab wrote: "What country were you in when you read this book?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?

Were there any fantasy creatures like witches, trolls, etc?"

I was in Sweden, but I can't remember anything about the cover unfortunately
I also have a vauge memory about a wizard

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Alicia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Alicia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

I still have not found the book, but I'm starting to realize I probably won't find it, so if you wish to archive the post (or something like that) I have no complaints

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
We usually encourage people to keep looking and to bump their read every few months, because you never know when someone might recognize your book. Bumping gets new members reading it, also old members who haven't seen it yet.

However if you have zero interest in finding it, we can move the thread to Abandoned.