Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: "Gigi’s Favorite RoM" > Favorite Read of the Month - January 2017

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Tell us what books were your favorites for January 2017.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I've got three already!

Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2) by Jo Watson The Closers (Harry Bosch, #11; Harry Bosch Universe, #13) by Michael Connelly Criminal (Will Trent, #6) by Karin Slaughter

message 3: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Jan 21, 2017 01:39PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments My 5 stars so far:
Penric and the Shaman (World of the Five Gods, #1.6) by Lois McMaster Bujold One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan <---reread

Since January still has about a week left, I might add more.

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to read a few more in January :D I'll wait

message 5: by Romance (new)

Romance Rehab | 2 comments Mine was Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11) by Darynda Jones

So, so good!

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Not done, yet. But so far:
Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5) by Thea Harrison

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I had a very good month in January these 4 were all 5 stars or 4.5 stars

On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Penric and the Shaman (World of the Five Gods, #1.6) by Lois McMaster Bujold The Dead Will Tell (Kate Burkholder, #6) by Linda Castillo

Also had a few duds but they don't worth mentioning!

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) ShoSho wrote: "I had a very good month in January these 4 were all 5 stars or 4.5 stars.."

I really enjoyed On Second Thought! Higgins says she's working on a third book set in Cambry-on-Hudson.

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Jonetta wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I had a very good month in January these 4 were all 5 stars or 4.5 stars.."

I really enjoyed On Second Thought! Higgins says she's working on a third book set in Cam..."

I'm going to read If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins . There were a few spoilers for it in On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins so I'll just wait until I forget them :D

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) They were so minor to the story. I think she should connect these books.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments My favorite read from January was DEFINITELY Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec

And I started listening to Sookie Stackhouse novels on audiobook towards the tail end of the month and have been enjoying reliving these stories again immensely!

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "My favorite read from January was DEFINITELY Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec

And I started listening to Sookie Stackhouse novels on audiobook towards the tail end of the month and have b..."

I just finished reading the first Sookie Stackhouse book this week and midway decided to listen to the book instead of reading. It's a completely different experience and I'm switching to audio for the next book.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Jonetta wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "My favorite read from January was DEFINITELY Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec

And I started listening to Sookie Stackhouse novels on audiobook towards t..."

I think it REALLY adds to it "listening" to it versus reading, Parker does Sookie's voice perfectly to me. Have you seen the show? I watched the show when it was on and miss it so wanted to go back and read the books, haha.

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "My favorite read from January was DEFINITELY Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec

And I started listening to Sookie Stackhouse novels on aud..."

I have heard gret things about both these series!

Karen L wrote: "My favorite book for January was Lothaire by Kresley Cole; he is bad but so good to his "bride".

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12) by Kresley Cole"

Working my way through this series...haven't gotten to this one yet, but I am looking forward to it:)

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "I think it REALLY adds to it "listening" to it versus reading, Parker does Sookie's voice perfectly to me. Have you seen the show? I watched the show when it was on and miss it so wanted to go back and read the books, haha. ..."

No, I've not seen the show but don't plan to check it out until I'm further along.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Updated:
Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5) by Thea Harrison The Sheriff's Secret Wife by Christyne Butler The Hating Game by Sally Thorne