Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > February SGOM: ♥ Older Woman/Younger Man

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Well, this SubGenre of the Month is self explanatory!

Listopia help: Best Older Woman / Younger Man Romance.

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (last edited Feb 14, 2017 06:53AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm in...gonna read Friday I'm in Love by Mari Carr and Copping a Feel by Lexxie Couper for this one.

message 4: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Hmm, Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon is on that list and I have to read it for the "Out of Your Comfort Zone" challenge. Maybe I'll get my buit in gear and actually read it or at least start it! LOL

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm in. Not sure what I'll read, yet.

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm in. Not sure what I'll read, yet."

Ditto

message 7: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Jan 21, 2017 07:42PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm in. Not sure what I'll read, yet."

Ditto"

You could BR Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon with me.... :D

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Gisela wrote: "Hmm, Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon is on that list and I have to read it for the "Out of Your Comfort Zone" challenge. Maybe I'll get my buit in gear and actually read it or at least start it! LOL"

This is out of my comfort zone as well. I'll have to take a good look at the lists for this one.

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 392 comments Oh, boy. Let me see what I can find!

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm in. Not sure what I'll read, yet."

Ditto"

You could BR Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon with me.... :D"

I just might! Half the people on GR have read it and the other half have watched the tv series, there must be something good about it. I read some reviews and I know the trigger parts, I'd need a hand to hold or a buddy to read it with me ;)

message 11: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Hmm, here are some books I have that are on the list: Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas Empty Net (Assassins, #3) by Toni Aleo Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3) by Penny Reid The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2) by Tracy Brogan

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 392 comments Lara.... The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins is a really great read! I LOVED it!

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I can recommend The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White for this theme. The romance is secondary to the mystery however.

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ wrote: "Lara....The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins is a really great read! I LOVED it!"

Good to know. I've been looking for reasons to return to that series.

message 15: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments I have two from the list. Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy and The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ wrote: "Lara....The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins is a really great read! I LOVED it!"

Becky (view spoiler)

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oleander wrote: "The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

LOL the age difference in this is something like 2000 years

message 18: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Oh, I just remembered I have a book to review that fits this subgenre: The Elusive Elixir (An Accidental Alchemist Mystery) by Gigi Pandian

message 19: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments ShoSho wrote: "Oleander wrote: "The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

LOL the age difference in this is something like 2000 years"

well that is definitely a lot older. I'm leaning toward the other choice anyway. I think it would be more in keeping with the sub-genre.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Oleander wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Oleander wrote: "The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

well that is definitely a lot older. I'm leaning toward..."

So this and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen are the only two that I have on my list, Water For Elephants was going to be one for my out of comfort zone reads, but I REALLY wanted to read that Warlord one...haha, would that be cheating since of the extreme age difference?

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Carly wrote: "Oleander wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Oleander wrote: "The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

well that is definitely a lot older. I..."

Wait Warlord Wants Forever is a novella? oooh I feel like that's cheating seeing as it is half the length of a normal book, lol

message 22: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Carly wrote: "Wait Warlord Wants Forever is a novella? oooh I feel like that's cheating seeing as it is half the length of a normal book, lol"

I've always balanced it by reading more than one book if one of the selections is a novella, cause I felt like it was phoning it in if I read a novella! Besides, if one has a significant other or family, a novella may be all that someone has time to read sometimes! I've had that crop up from time to time!

Seeing as how we've not put a minimum page count on the challenge in the time I've been here, I'd say anything is acceptable, as long as it fits the sub-genre.

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Carly wrote: "Carly wrote: "Oleander wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Oleander wrote: "The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole"

well that is definitely ..."

Nah novellas do count in the SGOM and I wouldn't worry about the extreme age difference, she's still older :D

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Trea wrote: "'d say anything is acceptable, as long as it fits the sub-genre. "

Exactly :)

message 25: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments Hey Warlord was on the list so clearly it does count.

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oleander wrote: "Hey Warlord was on the list so clearly it does count."

It's just that you can't always trust these lists. Sometimes the books aren't even close to what the lists says. So it doesn't matter if it's on the list or not , it just needs to be from that sub-genre.

One example from this month sungenre!

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Why in the world is that on the list, ShoSho? **shakes head**

message 28: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Why in the world is that on the list, ShoSho? **shakes head**"

Crazy!!!

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments I'll read Warlord another time, I decided on Water For Elephants because I'll complete 2 challenges with it AND then I can also watch the movie, lol.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You catch on quick, Carly. LOL!

message 31: by Sherri (new)

Sherri McNamara  | 35 comments Lara wrote: "Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ wrote: "Lara....The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins is a really great read! I LOVED it!"

Thanks for the referral. I think I'll try this one.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments @Lisa oh I jumped right into the deep end, kinda obsessed lol

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) I'm going to read: Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul wrote: "I'm going to read: Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas"

Yes, I was thinking of that one, too, Danielle. Wondering if it is on audio.

message 35: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) I'm hoping to read Family Blessings by LaVyrle Spencer for this challenge.

message 36: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Sherri wrote: "Lara wrote: "Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ wrote: "Lara....The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins is a really great read! I LOVED it!"

Thanks for the referral. I think I'll try this one."

I am too. I just checked out the digital audiobook through the library. Thank goodness for Hoopla!

message 37: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments SGoM Poll for March is up here!

message 38: by Annie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 10:29PM) (new)

Annie | 19 comments I'm in - was tempted to go for the top book on the list (I mean plane crash + cancer sufferer + deserted island + older woman / young young man)... but I have Flat-Out Sexy already so I'll be reading it instead.

message 39: by Jodie (last edited Feb 03, 2017 05:26PM) (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 86 comments Annie wrote: "I'm in - was tempted to go for the top book on the list (I mean plane crash + cancer sufferer + deserted island + older woman / young young man)... but I have Flat-Out Sexy already s..."

I would recommend On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves , The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2) by Jane Harvey-Berrick , Jane's Melody (Jane's Melody, #1) by Ryan Winfield , The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton , Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1) by Whitney G. & Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3) by Penny Reid .

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I think I'm going to go with The Tender Texan by Jodi Thomas ... If I can find my paperback copy.

message 41: by Mee (last edited Feb 08, 2017 01:13AM) (new)

Mee | 77 comments I'm in !

I will go with what I have ~
Midnight Ride (Midnight Cowboys, #1) by Cat Johnson ~ 2/7 (cowboys ... yummy)
Deeper by Megan Hart
The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins
Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson

If I can get my hands on a Kindle copy of The Tender Texan by Jodi Thomas I would love to read that also.

Jane

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I went with Natural Evil (Elder Races, #4.5) by Thea Harrison . Which is a novella... but it worked! LOL!

message 43: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I forgot to say I'm in on this one but did find and read a good one for this challenge. Bite & Release (Bite & Release, #1) by Cory Cyr
at first I thought it was going to be a shifter but it wasn't. I really liked this one. It was the first I've read by this author and the first I've read of Older Woman/Younger Man.

message 44: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I read (listened to) The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins . It was fun, though the heroine is a bit too much of a doormat and the hero was truly obnoxious at times (mostly early on, though).

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen what a GOOD book! Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 46: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 86 comments Vicki wrote: "I forgot to say I'm in on this one but did find and read a good one for this challenge. Bite & Release (Bite & Release, #1) by Cory Cyr
at first I thought it was going to be a shifter but it wasn't. I really l..."

Do you plan to read the follow up I'm Shea's POV, The Reason I Breathe (Bite & Release, #2) by Cory Cyr ?

message 47: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) Jodie wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I forgot to say I'm in on this one but did find and read a good one for this challenge. Bite & Release (Bite & Release, #1) by Cory Cyr
at first I thought it was going to be a shifter but it wasn..."

Yes I bought both together.

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2017 02:34PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Read Devil's Gate (Elder Races, #4.6) by Thea Harrison the other day. Or rather, listened to it. Technically, the heroine is older than the hero. Loving these little novelles in the Elder Races series.

message 49: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Read Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie , it was a very light read. Although after a while it felt repetitive.

message 50: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "Read Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie, it was a very light read. Although after a while it felt repetitive."

I think I read this before joining GR, I don't remember a thing!

« previous 1