Historical Fiction discussion

Storks in a Blue Sky
This topic is about Storks in a Blue Sky
books to read! > Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle Jan. 21,22.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Dobson | 11 comments Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle on Jan.21,22.
It is a historical romance and is the winner of the 2009 David St John Thomas Fiction Award.
The beautiful, red-haired Sarah Durrant takes the place of her mistress when she suddenly dies as they are travelling across the remote wilderness of 18th century Exmoor.
Her own origins are a mystery. She only knows she is illegitimate and possesses a gold locket which contains a miniature of a woman who resembles her. The French aristocrat, Jean Luc de Delacroix, arrives from the New World and her life becomes a tangle of love, deception and fear.

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 30 comments Ms. Dobson shared this historical novel with me earlier, and I loved it! Here is my review....
4 stars
This is a classic historical romance, with descriptions of flora and fauna, British and French roads and countrysides that take you there. There is even a good bit about flora and fauna in New France from the St Lawrence Seaway to the cajun swamps, and Ms. Dobson touches on the war between the French and British - The Seven Years War 1754-1763 - that resulting in France losing their colonies in The Americas to the British. The harshness of life in this era is very obvious, and the wild disparity between the classes. Ms. Dobson knows her history. This is an excellent read.

message 3: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Dobson | 11 comments Bonnye Reed wrote: "Ms. Dobson shared this historical novel with me earlier, and I loved it! Here is my review....
4 stars
This is a classic historical romance, with descriptions of flora and fauna, British and French..."

Thanks Bonnye. I'm glad you liked it.