Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 125k dystopian novel set in NYC 300 years in the future

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellis (new)

Ellis | 13 comments Hi, this is my first book, intended to be the first in a series. Looking for any help on the story. Thank you!

I'm happy to provide more information as well, but figured I'd start here and if you think I need to put more in, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

Andrew

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments Howzabout a blurb?

Just something to keep in mind, 110K is generally the upper bounds on what agents will consider for a début novel.

message 3: by Ellis (new)

Ellis | 13 comments Hey Keith, want me to email the first couple of chapters to you, or are suggesting I put the blurb in the above? (sorry, very new to this!) Thanks for commenting.
Andrew

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments Looking for a blurb. If you haven't written one before check out some of the threads here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

For many people it's a huge PITA, but without one it's total guesswork on whether to take a look or not.

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments I meant to say, look at the topics with 'query' in it as each query requires a blurb (like what you see on the back of the book).

message 6: by Ellis (last edited Feb 02, 2017 06:34AM) (new)

Ellis | 13 comments Hey Keith,
Sorry I got sidetracked by a few friends that finished and were giving me feedback, then trying to think through a blurb. Here's the blurb (work in progress obviously):

When humanity cured aging and disease, people expected to live forever. They created software to replace the need for work and developed solar energy until it became nearly free. Then the world fell into darkness as the sun was blotted out to harvest enough energy for the massive growth in population and people turned on each other.

Manhattan, 2442 AD. Forced to leave his home as a child, Theo is given the chance of a lifetime to return and find redemption. To get there, he and his two friends must journey across a hostile world full of desperate people and power-hungry despots. Unbeknownst to them, their journey is the opening move in a bigger game than any of them could ever imagine.

message 7: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments For me, that doesn't sound like a fit. At least now other's can take a look and see if they are interested.

Good luck with it!