Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Here I Am/Jonathon Safran Foer 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Nociti Here I Am

My first 5 star book of 2017! I write this with reservation because this is NOT a book I'd go around recommending to people, no matter how much I love it. It focuses on some tough issues, it has characters that are not likable but are SO relateable, it's pretty graphic, it's irreverent, and while funny (rather, witty) throughout it's also heartbreakingly painful - at times to the point of unbearable. Yet still - I loved it.

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) Good to know. I loved both Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I really need to get to this one.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8291 comments Our city, at least the Jewish Federation of Boston is hosting a city wide read of this book.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Good to know. I loved Extremely Loud, and had a love/hate thing happening with Everything is Illuminated. I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl.

message 5: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Nociti Interesting. I didn't like Extremely Loud at all and therefore never tried Illuminated.....but for some reason grabbed this one.