Book Obsessed discussion

Buddy Reads > Novel Buddy Reads~Sign Ups 2017

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Jan 20, 2017 05:23PM) (new)

Melanie | 235 comments Mod
If you would like to read a standalone book with someone or everyone, please list what book you would like to read here or if you would like to join in on an already listed book let me know here. As soon as 2 people want to read a book, I will set up a discussion thread for each book with a start and finish date. You are welcome to start and finish the books at your own pace, but the dates will be there as a guideline to help you finish the books faster.

message 2: by Melanie (last edited Jan 22, 2017 12:41PM) (new)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) If the girl dies in the end I do not want to read it. I did the same for Me Before You. I have an 8 year old with special needs so our life is not what generally qualifies as normal. That is one of the reasons I do not read books centered on illness as long as they don't have a happy end. I even hated A Walk to Remember even though it is good writing and speaks about true sacrifice and emotion. Maybe it's my way of coping with our own story in real life. If there is any other book you suggest I'd like to go along.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

It's ok, I understand. I want to read it because of the movie. I prefer to read the books first. I also prefer happy endings, and there is nothing wrong with that! :)

message 5: by Melanie (last edited Jan 22, 2017 01:03PM) (new)

Would anyone like to read any of these books with me? Or if there is a book you would like to read, let me know and I am willing to read it with you!

Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

Heartless by Marissa Meyer Heartless by Marissa Meyer

message 6: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Would anyone like to read

The Shining by Stephen King The Shining by Stephen King -- maybe in March??

message 7: by D.L. (new)

D.L. How about Bliss by Shay Mitchell Bliss by Shay Mitchell???

message 8: by Melanie (new)

I do plan to read The Shining someday, and it has a sequel too, so would you be willing to read it as a series Buddy Read? I could probably start it in April?

message 9: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "I do plan to read The Shining someday, and it has a sequel too, so would you be willing to read it as a series Buddy Read? I could probably start it in April?"

I did not know The Shining had a sequel. What's it called? And I am sorry I am just replying to this all of this time later. Life has been so crazyyyyy for so long that I haven't gotten to read in months. But now I think I have some time and would like to read The Shining still if you're interested. Would June or July work?

message 10: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Also I want to suggest I See You by Clare Mackintosh I See You by Clare Mackintosh for July if anyone is interested.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

It's called Doctor Sleep. I am willing to read it, but I don't think I'll be ready by July. I've overbooked myself and I'm starting another series Read in July with Laura. I may be able to read I See You in July if it's a lighter read. I know Stephen king books are usually big.

message 12: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "It's called Doctor Sleep. I am willing to read it, but I don't think I'll be ready by July. I've overbooked myself and I'm starting another series Read in July with Laura. I may be able to read I S..."

Yes, I See You is a lighter read at 372 pages. If you're up for it, I'd love to discuss it. TY for replying.

message 13: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Suggesting Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher for July or even August or September :)

message 14: by Melanie (new)

I also want to read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher , so I will definitely read it with you in August if you'd like!

message 15: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melanie wrote: "I also want to read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, so I will definitely read it with you in August if you'd like!"

August would be perfect. Looking forward to discussing it. TY!

message 16: by D.L. (new)

D.L. I obviously missed the discussion for 13 Reasons Why. Personal stuff got in the way. Have you read it yet Melanie? If not, would you still be willing to discuss it with me?