#indybookclub discussion

The Guineveres
This topic is about The Guineveres
Currently Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patti (new)

Patti | 5 comments Mod
This discussion is about The Guineveres.

Dawn (librarylass123) | 2 comments Not sure how I feel about this book. It held my interest, yet I didn't really like it. I don't know why. I liked the characterization, I just don't know about the actual story. Did parents really send their daughters off to convents when they didn't want to deal with them? I guess I was really confused about that.

message 3: by Patti (new)

Patti | 5 comments Mod
I haven't started it yet. I bought the book for the library and a faculty member checked it out right way. I'll let you know what I think. It was recommended by several people for the last #indybookclub meeting when we read The Sellout. At the discussion we put all of the suggestions we had in a basket and picked one--The Guineveres:)

Emily Letras | 7 comments Mod
Just finished this book. I agree with you, Dawn, that it held my interest but I wasn't sure the plot was totally realistic. It felt like things wrapped up pretty neatly and the characters never strayed from their initial characterization--almost in a stereotypical way. I'm looking forward to discussing it further with the group!

message 5: by Patti (new)

Patti | 5 comments Mod
Okay. I have to say that I found many things about this book disturbing. The whole thing with the boys was rather twisted imho. I hope to see you Thursday to discuss it!