Readers 4 Life;) discussion

Book talk

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (last edited Jan 20, 2017 10:29AM) (new)

Shay (shayreader) What does everyone like to read? What's your current read? Introduce yourselves;)

I'm Shay;) I like Dystopian and YA. I'm currently reading a bunch of books, but I'm mostly into Heir of Fire.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Hi, I'm Maria! I mostly read YA and NA Fantasy although I do get a contemporary phase from time to time :) I'm currently mostly reading uni related books (ugh) but one is actually really good - Middlemarchby George Eliot reads kinda like a Victorian soap opera and I'm reall into all the drama :)

message 3: by Bella (new)

Bella (oooooooooooooo) Hello! I'm Bella, and I like to read YA sci-fi, horror, and fantasy. Right now I'm reading The Fear (the enemy #3) and I absolutely love it, but I don't have much time for reading with college right now. My favorite books are The Elites by Natasha Ngan and Enclave by Ann Aguirre. <3 :)

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie L (catteabooks) Hello there! I'm Stephanie, and I'm mostly into YA (surprise surprise), and its sci-fi, fantasy, and thriller subgenres.

Currently I'm reading New Moon (since I mainly avoided the whole Twilight fiasco of the 2000s) and Catalyst - A Rogue One Novel (because Rogue One absolutely killed me).

My absolute favorite book on this planet is The Lord of the Rings :)

Feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to get to know and chat with all of you! <3

message 5: by Norelle (new)

Norelle (happynorelle) | 6 comments Hello. I'm Norelle. I like to read fantasy, crime, history, mystery... actually, it all depends on story. If it sounds interesting, i can read romantic books or horror too. I have my favorite authors(and i will read every book they will write), but mostly for me - it's all about story. And my mood :D
I have three books on my "currently reading" shelf. But i'm really interested in Borderline by Mishell Baker. I started it last but i already love characters(because they are sooooo far from perfect humans), so i think i will finish it first. And then the other two :D

message 6: by Suba (last edited Jan 20, 2017 06:26PM) (new)

Suba Wijesinghe (dilshu) | 1 comments Hello Everyone,
I'm Dilsh from Sri Lanka. I like to reeeeed YA, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal & Super-Natural books mostly. If the story plot and blurb sounds interesting and good, I never hesitate to reeeeed other categories too.
Currently I'm reeeeeding two books;
1.Ligatures
Ligatures by Sara Rich
2.Ghosts of the Air: True Stories of Aerial Hauntings
Ghosts of the Air True Stories of Aerial Hauntings by Martin Caidin .
But I'm mostly into Ghosts of the Air: True Stories of Aerial Hauntings.

message 7: by Varisha (new)

Varisha (varishaasim) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Varisha and I love horror books and contemporaries! I'm currently reading Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon!

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Morgan (amy_morgan) Hi everyone I'm Amy and I love reading a little bit of everything! So much so I don't think I could pick one favorite topic! I love YA, true crime, biographies, history, thrillers, historical fiction, regular fiction I love it all! I don't read as much romance or sci-fi as I do other things though. I am currently reading Hillbilly Elegy, Strangers in Their Own Land and an ARC by Elizabeth Kosotva The Shadow Land which is historical fiction. My favorite book of all time though is I Don't Want to Live This Life by Deborah Spungen. If we aren't already friends feel free to add me! I look forward to chatting with all of you!

message 9: by Skyril (new)

Skyril I'm Sky!

I love fantasy most of all <3

message 10: by morgan ☾ (new)

morgan ☾ Hi there, I'm Elf!

I really like Fantasy and Historical Fiction!

message 11: by Titti (last edited Jan 22, 2017 02:55AM) (new)

Titti | 35 comments Hi there,
I'm Titti from Hungary. My fav genre is fantasy: UF (Karen Marie Moning, Ilona Andrews, Kevin Hearne, Richelle Mead,Karen Chance....) , epic (Tolkien, Brent Weeks, Brandon Sanderson, Partick Rothfuss), outstanding YA fantasy books like Six of crows, The Raven Boys etc also welcome. I love contemporary romance (LH Cosway, Elle Kennedy) and sometimes soft sci-fi too (John Scalzi, James SA Corey, On Sai).
I have just started reading A Promise of Fire, seems to be my kind of book candy :)

message 12: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 1 comments Hello my name is Dena. I live in Iowa and I'm from Nebraska. I love mystery books from cozy to dark but I will read romance, syfy, paranormal, YA, Trash, fantasy, historical fictional, chick lit, children's etc. etc.

I dislike memoirs but I have read a few personal books regarding famous individuals I like...

True crime occasionally,

I love series!!!

I have too many favorite authors to list... check out my titles on my page to see what I read.

message 13: by Emma (last edited Jan 23, 2017 04:48PM) (new)

Emma Wardrobe | 10 comments Hi, I'm Emmy. I live in Canada and I love reading dystopian, fantasy, scifi, romance, and anything shelved under YA. My favourite series ever is Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas, but some other favourites of mine are Six of Crows, The Wrath and the Dawn, The Kiss of Deception, The Winner's Curse, These Broken Stars, Exquisite Captive, and Passenger.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael (michjarv98) | 1 comments Hai!!
I'm Michael. I read mostly YA and graphic novels but i will dabble in an Adult James Patterson novel (particularly Alex Cross) from time to time. I love Star Wars and have a blog where i review the Shadowhunters TV series (Probably my favorite book series ever)
I also enjoy Rick Riordan and Sarah J. Mass among others.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara | 2 comments Im Sara! my favorite books are the Harry Potter series. My favorite books are mysteries, but I also enjoy historical fiction and fantasy

These Violent Delights (Robin) Hey, I'm Robin. I love reading YA, Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Dystopian, Paranormal Romance, and of course Science Fiction. My favorite color is purple. I favorite animal are Tigers. I'm a Capricorn. I'm a Realtimer, Grobanite, Hufflepuff & Horned Serpent.

My Favorite Authors Include; Sarah J Maas, Marissa Meyer, Colleen Houck, Markus Zusak, Viola Rivard, Jeaniene Frost, Patricia Briggs, and Alexandra Bracken.

My Favorite Books Include; Throne of Glass, The Darkest Minds, I Am The Messenger, The Book Thief, Tiger's Curse, Illuminae, and Night Huntress.

My Favorite Movies Include; Star Trek (All of them), Underworld (All of them), Resident Evil(All of them), The Mummy Trilogy, 10,000 BC, Push, and The Martian.

My Favorite TV Shows Include; True Blood, Extant, Orange is the New Black, 3%, Travelers, Killjoys, Dark Matter, Face Off, The 100, American Dad & Family Guy, Real Time with Bill Maher, Saturday Night Live, Chelsea (Netflix).

message 17: by Titti (last edited Feb 09, 2017 09:00AM) (new)

Titti | 35 comments Since we've got the mighty reread option from Goodreads (thank you!!!)... I'm curious if you do rereads or not.
What is the book you have read a bunch of times? Or you used to read every year?

I used to read The Lord of the Rings and The Wolf and the Dove in high school all the time. Don't judge me pls but I've read the Twilight books also in Hungarian and English 2 or 3 times....Awww :D
I'm planning to reread A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury to prep (and treat:)) myself for the 3rd book.

message 18: by Shay (last edited Feb 09, 2017 08:58AM) (new)

Shay (shayreader) I LOVE rereading! I've read The Summoning series a million times and the Embrace series is the one that I've turned to nowadays.

message 19: by Titti (new)

Titti | 35 comments Have you notice new little things with every reread?

There is the Fever series from Karen Marie Moning, there are so many layers to it, that I always find something new to discover when rereading.
Currently reading the 9th book- Feversong- , but it would have been useful to reread Burned and Feverborn...I have a memory of a goldfish :S

message 20: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) Yes. The last time I read the Embrace series, I connected it to mythology.

message 21: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i am loving the Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead so far

message 22: by Titti (new)

Titti | 35 comments Are you willing to read the whole series? I assure you, the 3rd one will blow your mind ;)
I also loved the spinoff Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 23: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) I read a few books from the Vampire Academy series years ago, before all of them were out. I'm thinking of trying them again.

These Violent Delights (Robin) My sister adores the Vampire Academy book, movie, graphic novels etc. She also loves the spinoff series, she is constantly rereading them.

message 25: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) Robin wrote: "My sister adores the Vampire Academy book, movie, graphic novels etc. She also loves the spinoff series, she is constantly rereading them."

Hmm. I'll definitely have to try them then:)