Norwescon discussion

Graft
This topic is about Graft

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Have you read Matt Hill's Graft? Let us know what you thought!

Shelley George | 23 comments Spoilers. 
Like GofT, everybody dies.  Well almost. 

It took a while for our characters divergent stories to come together.  I wasn't sure I was going to care when they finally did. 
But I did get involved. I did engage because in the end it was about caring, about making a difference. 

It's a bad time in 2025. Basic living resources are hard to come by. Life is a struggle. You do the tiny piece you can to survive, not knowing how it contributes to the whole (the awful whole).  
We don't know why or how this society got to this place but, really, do we ever?  But in the end, our characters are where they are and they have to survive day to day. Tech or no tech, other dimensions or not; it's about how humans live, love, work, get along.  
It's about "not giving into the man" by one of our characters that in the end drives the other characters to do their best at all costs. We hope it is enough for the world to come back from the brink. 

message 3: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
A rather bleak and dismal look at human trafficking in a future where the victims are cybernetically modified on the other side of a trans-dimensional portal. I'm not entirely sure if it was my unfamiliarity with British slang or the author's style, but it took a long time for me to find the rhythm and really get into the book; that, coupled with the near-total lack of joy or any form of happiness, made this one a bit of a slog for me.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Morrell (vylotte) | 34 comments I didn't finish this one, it was just too depressing. Well written though.