Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
This topic is about Glory in Death
Archives > Glory in Death (In Death #2), by J.D. Robb

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna | 982 comments I read this for week 19, a New York Times best-seller. It is a fast-paced detective story with a smattering of romance.

The GR synopsis:

It is 2058, New York City. In a world where technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion-in the heart.
Even in the mid-twenty-first century, during a time when genetic testing usually weeds out any violent hereditary traits before they can take over, murder still happens. The first victim is found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second is murdered in her own apartment building. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provide Eve with a long list of suspects -- including her own lover, Roarke.

Charlston Goch (list_addict) | 23 comments This is my Week 46 book - A book with a mostly black cover. I’m intrigued as to how this series will develop with Roarke already breaking down Eve’s barriers in the second of over 40 books. Will they end up lit old lady and gentlemen crime solvers. I’m sure I’ll find out eventually. I am liking the series so far and the covers are stylish and ‘mostly black’.