Friends of Snuggly Books discussion

Anthologies > Future anthology suggestions/speculations/discussions.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ross (new)

Ross Scott-Buccleuch | 27 comments Mod
What anthologies would you like to see in the future from Snuggly Books?
Perhaps Justin's White Dad idea fully realised?

Personally, I'd like a collection of lesser known, short decadent/symbolist works collected in a volume that could sit alongside the Moral Ruins and Black Feast anthologies from Dedalus. Hopefully, featuring authors from countries not typically tied in with those movements.

message 2: by Justin (last edited Jan 23, 2017 02:27AM) (new)

Justin Isis (justinisis) | 17 comments Ross wrote: "What anthologies would you like to see in the future from Snuggly Books?
Perhaps Justin's White Dad idea fully realised?

While I would certainly enjoy the process of putting this together, it would really require a fair amount of research and effort and, apart from other considerations, would require reading far more White Dad fiction as research than I really have the patience for. Had we but world enough and time, as the poem goes. That, and I think I’ve "done" Weird Fiction enough with Marked to Die - it's really not a favorite genre of mine, and I'm less and less interested in where people seem to be taking it recently.

Am in favor of a collection of lesser known, short decadent/Symbolist works...

message 3: by Axolotl (new)

Axolotl | 27 comments Mod
I don't really have a lot of patience for white dad fiction either...but what is the project Ross refers to? I don't go on TLO much anymore so...

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin Isis (justinisis) | 17 comments White Dad is a middle-aged white man with a young daughter who's very excited about the concept of Weird Fiction and enjoys networking about it online and attending conventions. He's a rough, masculine sort with a heart of gold - he shows total solidarity with women, people of color and the LGBT community. He once shamelessly imitated H.P. Lovecraft, but stopped when he realized Lovecraft was a problematic racist. Now he's more influenced by Robert Aickman, as well as his own experiences out in the big wide world. Keep it paternal, keep it WHITE DAD!!!

http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php...

http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php...

message 5: by Axolotl (new)

Axolotl | 27 comments Mod
How did I miss that thread?