Perustopia Book Club discussion

I need help!! Reading Slump!!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendramr) | 13 comments So, I been going through a reading slump once again and I don't want to be in it. Is there any advice or books that would help me get out of it?? Please and thank you! :)

message 2: by Hajy (new)

Hajy (spacestationwonders) I like to read a light, fluffy, easy-to-read book. Rereading a favorite also works well, if you have any you'd like to. :) ♥

message 3: by Cal (new)

Cal (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 18 comments What always gets me out of a reading slump is doing Reading Sprints. I'm highly competitive, and so racing somebody in reading usually gets me back into the swing of things.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg | 17 comments An easy contemporary read is the best way to go. Something to put a smile on your face and get you back in the mood to read again.

message 5: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 297 comments Meg wrote: "An easy contemporary read is the best way to go. Something to put a smile on your face and get you back in the mood to read again."

True. Maybe Anna and the french Kiss? Or something by Kasie West?

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments I would recommend a contemporary like everybody else, just try to make it a relatively short contemporary, and you should be fine. Good luck!

message 7: by Sara (last edited Jan 20, 2017 06:28AM) (new)

Sara | 1 comments The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon this book helped me :)

message 8: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendramr) | 13 comments Thanks guys! I will try all of these!! :)

message 9: by Betty (new)

Betty (betamagnificus) With me it works quite different. I need something to challenge my brain and make me once again interested in reading. I read epic fantasy or sci-fi then.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saraheleanor) | 15 comments Definitely read something that is a quick read like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I got out of mine by reading Wings by Aprilynne Pike :) I hope that helped!

message 11: by deborah (new)

deborah mitchell (littlewhitebookshelf) | 281 comments I know for me, starting a short series helps. Especially if there's a cliffhanger on the last book because you just HAVE to start the next one. But not a big series, because those can be daunting and make you not want to read.

message 12: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney | 146 comments What helps me is going to the library and picking up random books and read the first few chapters. I usaully find a book to read that way. I also look for covers that catch my eye and see what they're about. Hope this helps.

message 13: by Iris (new)

Iris Bratton (b-ratton) Graphic novels or comics are a huge help! They're relatively short and simple so it makes it easy to get through. You still feel the satisfaction of reading while not spending too much time reading them.

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 60 comments People have suggested to me to read a different genre than whatever I've mainly been reading. The change of theme is quite refreshing and reawakens your reading enthusiasm :) And also, short books or old favorites as others have already mentioned.

message 15: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_) | 61 comments Contemporary novels saved me everytime I'm on a reading slump. Or maybe reading one of my favourite books again

message 16: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendramr) | 13 comments Thanks guys for all the advice! I started reading my favorite series Alice in Zombieland. Hopefully this works with my reading slump! :)