Blogger Lift discussion

Help: Blogging 101 > New Book Blogger!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kayla_reads) | 2 comments Hello everyone! My name is Kayla, and just a few months ago I started a blog focused on book reviews and anything bookish related.

I'm having a hard time gaining an audience and I was wondering if anyone has tips/suggestions on making your blog successful. I have opened a Bloglovin account, made a Pinterest board for it, and posted stuff on my Instagram account with the hopes of gaining more traffic on my site.

My blogs name is: Simply, Bookish. Please check it out! I would greatly appreciate the support and friendly feedback. :)
http://simplybookishblog.blogspot.com

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (nahokuangelxo) | 52 comments Hey Kayla,

I just went up to your blog. You have a beautiful blog. My advice is keep on writing and also keep up the good work. I am following your on bloglovin and on pinterest and on instagram. Thank you for becoming my friend on here. Here is my book blog link http://wwwjustagirlkindleing.blogspot...

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kayla_reads) | 2 comments Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support. I'll be sure to follow you on Bloglovin and Instagram! Also, I checked out your blog as well--I enjoyed reading some of your reviews. Keep up the good work, Erin! :)

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (hannahsophialin) | 329 comments Twitter is a great way to connect with fellow book lovers. ^^ (I also have a feature specifically for book bloggers who started in the past year, but sign ups are closed form wise. There's still open spots,though...).

From Twitter there's also Twitter chats. Commenting back, and commenting also helps. (Something I should have done earlier in my blogging years)

message 5: by L (new)

L (livelybluish) Kayla wrote: "Hello everyone! My name is Kayla, and just a few months ago I started a blog focused on book reviews and anything bookish related.

I'm having a hard time gaining an audience and I was wondering i..."

Hey! I'm not new in Blogger (I have had two blogs that were kinda successful in my opinion), but I started a new blog and I understand how hard it can be to gain audience. Your blog looks pretty awesome, and some tips that you may find useful are:

1. Add the "Follow" widget in your sidebar and make it visible. I know some people follow you from bloglovin', but others–such as myself–would like to follow you directly in Blogger.

2. Comment in other blogs. Be active in other blogs. Don't ever leave spam or "please check out my blog" or generic comments. Some people are kind and they will check out your blog without doubt. Maybe even comment back. Show that you are persistive in their blogs as well and that it isn't an one time thing.

3. Be active in forums and groups like this. They help tons :)

I hope they help you a little bit and don't feel disheartened if it doesn't grow as fast as you want it to. It will eventually if you don't give up.

Have a nice day.