Play Book Tag discussion

Dark Matter
This topic is about Dark Matter
January 2017: Bonus Admin Tags > Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2052 comments Psychological Thriller

Jason Dessen may not be living the life he had planned, but he is content with the life he has with his artist wife Daniela and their teenaged son, Charlie, and his job teaching at a small local university in Chicago. But, what if he could travel the path he had laid out for himself years ago: become a world renowned scientist and win prestigious awards for his research? That choice is thrust upon Jason one night as he is abducted and drugged. When he wakes up in a strange laboratory his nightmare has truly begun. Although everyone refers to him as Jason, it is obvious to him that he is definitely not who they all think he is. Somehow, he has become the scientist who programmed a 'multi-universe' box and there are untold numbers of 'Jasons' living lives based on every decision this Jason has made in his own life. All he wants is to return to Daniela and Charlie, but what Chicago universe do they occupy and how will he ever find it?

This is some really mind-bending stuff. Although the science part is way out of my league, the suspense and tension of the book made it one that I wanted to keep on reading. I have read quite a bit of Crouch in the past and although he truly shines in the horror genre, he's not too bad at the science fiction one either. Great read.

Susie | 4488 comments I agree it was a great read. I see it is to become a movie eventually. I think it could be great.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I enjoyed this one as well. I'm no scientist, but I felt like he made the complicated concepts of quantum physics pretty accessible. I've always said that I'm not much of a sci-fi fan, but I think I just don't like space opera sci-fi (although I did really like The Sparrow).